VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the ads in the magazines and I've been on their web site. I need to know if anyone is using them and what you think. Green stuff, Red stuff, whatever. Is it just hype? Looking at daily and weekend auto-x duty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: EBC pads: Availability? Impressions? (Crash6)

I am running EBC Greenstuff. First of all, make sure you turn the rotors to remove any stock brake residue on the rotors. The dealer says you cannot turn them, but I had Napa do it for $10 a rotor. They could only "clean up" the rear rotors. Be easy on them for 500 miles and then gradually start doing some more aggressive stops from 80-40 mph a few times, but then drive normal for 10 minutes or so before you let the car come to a rest because the hot pads could cause the rotors to warp. At this time the bed in period is over. It took another 500 miles for the pads to start working the way they should. At first they did not bite as strong as the stock pads, like EBC said they would, but now they are a LITTLE better. On a positive note the amount of dust has been reduced by at least 10 times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts