VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey vortex so I decided thats its time to officially make my timeline and build thread. My name is Evan, Im 22 and I'm on my 3rd VW. I just graduated Civil Engineering at the University of Delaware and have been somewhat associated with DelDubs. Hope you enjoy my struggle.

So heres where it started, I bought this off of one of my good friends in high school when I was 16:

Eventually I started coming onto vortex more and became interested in the mk4 platform. So I bought this from a vw mechanic (boraspecvr6) from Long Island in October 2010.

I found a Jazz Blue 20th locally by me for sale in August 2012, I knew I needed to have it. I checked out the car and it had a big turbo setup and only had 34k miles on it. The owner was a musician and he never drove it, and for some reason he never put it on the internet to sell it.
So I made some moves, parted out the aluminum kit and r32 bumper
and put my getta up for sale here, its sold.

It wasnt until yesterday January 11th that I was able to purchase this 20th gti for $5500:

Me and Dan Woods 20th #1203:

Mod list for 20th:
Forge 007 DV
42DD turboback exhaust
42DD O2 Spacer
N75 Race valve
Kevlar Timing Belt
42DD Ultimate Stealth Catch Can
Gonzo Tuning Full Emissions Delete
OEM VW Blue and White 55mm Center caps
OEM .:R32 pedals
OEM .:R 6 Speed (non 4 motion) shift knob
Bilstein PSS9
Rewrapped sunroof motor cover and boost gauge pod in blue bandana

Plans:
-Android Auto Headunit (when available)
-Find replacement for front bumper/lip
-Rear exhaust cut/welded to reinstall rear valence

Well thanks for reading my story:beer::beer::beer:

I would like to personally thank Andrew Deweever (ed5480), Dan Wood (undercoverbrother), Dan Meyers (972slow), my roommate Ben Marinelli and Dan Stephenson in helping me a ton with my various cars

Ill be using this thread for myself and to show others what I'm doing.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
$5500...omfg, unbelieveable find in my opinion. Best of luck getting back in shape to be inspected, have fun. Maybe you could even send me the classifieds link for those Aristos when you put them up for sale. ;)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$5500...omfg, unbelieveable find in my opinion. Best of luck getting back in shape to be inspected, have fun. Maybe you could even send me the classifieds link for those Aristos when you put them up for sale. ;)
Yeah the body basically looks brand new, minimal imperfections, it was meant to be. The aristos that Im going to be selling are basically mint, as good as your gonna get for 10 year old wheels. The tires on them are next to useless. Ill PM you the link when I put them up.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20AE with less than 35k miles on it, with a big turbo setup for $5,500... sounds really fishy, or like the PO didn't know what he had. I hope you looked that car up and down, inside and out. Looks and sounds like it'll need some TLC.
The car was for sale a while, he knew what he had, but it was just sitting there. Anyone who doesnt know about VWs and checks out the car is going to be turned away immediately. I have the failed inspection report and I know what it needs. He basically just needed the car gone and I took advantage. Im friends with several VW mechanics who own shops and are are extremely helpful to me, I figured I would take the risk with that kind of safety net.

Congrats man! That's a really clean car you snagged :thumbup: Good luck with it :beer:
I appreciate it:thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
20AE with less than 35k miles on it, with a big turbo setup for $5,500... sounds really fishy, or like the PO didn't know what he had. I hope you looked that car up and down, inside and out. Looks and sounds like it'll need some TLC.
x2

The car was for sale a while, he knew what he had, but it was just sitting there. Anyone who doesnt know about VWs and checks out the car is going to be turned away immediately. I have the failed inspection report and I know what it needs. He basically just needed the car gone and I took advantage. Im friends with several VW mechanics who own shops and are are extremely helpful to me, I figured I would take the risk with that kind of safety net.
I hope it works out the way you want to because by the pic of the engine bay, i can see it doesn't look healthy.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wish deals like this would happen to me. Good job man. And you will still have saved alot of money even after the maintenance costs. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.