VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Jetta with a vr6. I recently aquired a turbo that came off of a 98 eclipse gst. You know what I want to do!
I want to find a way to use this turbo on my jetta. Has anyone ever tried this combo before and if so, how did you do it and did it work? This is my first try at trying to boost anything so any info would be great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: eclipse turbo retrofit (vwbassplayer)

Im trying to do something like this for my scirocco with a T25 mitsu turbo that I got from a friend im just working on getting everything first tho

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: eclipse turbo retrofit (killa)

I got the turbo for free. If i was paying for it I would for sure put something a lot beefier under the hood. Since it was free it's either try to put it on my car or sell it. I have never messed with turbos so i don't really know much about how it would work. Am I looking at any significant gain?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Re: eclipse turbo retrofit (vwbassplayer)

the t25 is tiny, much better suited for a 1.6. yes the bolt pattern for mitsu turbos, 14b, 16g, etc is the same as the 2g dsm t25. the nissan t25 is different and uses the rectangular style flange, it looks like a t3 flange but smaller.
a pair of t25s or t28s would be good for a vr6

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Re: eclipse turbo retrofit (draculia)

The stock turbos on the 95+ DSM's are inadequate for the stock 4cyl engine they're matched with in the high rpms/boost. The 1st gen turbos do much better(or just get the EVO3 turbo that bolts directly into the 1g). For a vr6, none of the 4cyl 4g63 turbos would work alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts