VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Looking for some advice here on Stg2+ clutches. The option I was leaning towards (BFI) is sold out with no ETA. I think I can make it until spring but by then I am planning to do the replacement and theres no guarantee that the BFI will be avail by then.
For both kits the price is right, they are geared toward daily driveability which is important as this is my main DD.
Not sure I want to go too lightweight on the flywheel given the associated noise plus a little wary that a light weight wheel + 4cyl might make for sketchy stop and go traffic situations. These seem to reduce some of the rotating mass but not lose the livability of the DMF.

I would like to hear any first hand experience with the ECS kit. I have several other ECS parts, some work well, others could use some improvement.

1St Choice

2nd Choice
ECS St2: ECS Tuning Stage 2 Performance Clutch Kit with Lightweight Forged Steel Flywheel (18.95lbs)

Appreciate any input

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased the ECS stage 2, strictly because of the price point during the Black Friday sales. It still hasn’t arrived, but am definitely following this thread in case there are too many negative marks about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSR looks like a decent option as well. Car has 75K on it, assuming this is the original flywheel is that a foregone conclusion to replace ?

@rocknut thats an interesting proposition. Would just have to see what the shipping would be to Upstate NY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts