VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed these on a buddies car...do the outer fittings bleed or just the inners? I figure on a 4 piston setup all 4 fittings would bleed. After numerous attempts and time spent, we were unble to get the outer fittings to bleed. Is a pressure bleeder required?

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Re: ECS Stage II V2 Bleeding? (jflow45)

On my ECS Stage II v1 bleeding (same calipers). I bled the inboard first then bled the outboard. There was air on both sides of the caliper. I did use a pressure bleeder. I don't believe that it is required.
Man...those brakes are BEAUTIFUL!!! My version 1 has incredible braking. I can't imagine how much nicer the version 2 are when they are bedded in and seasoned....

Modified by eggroller at 8:57 AM 1-7-2004

· Registered
767 Posts
Re: ECS Stage II V2 Bleeding? (eggroller)

Yes, start bleeding the insides first. If you've only changed/upgraded your front brakes, start with the passenger side inner, then passenger side outer, then drivers side inner, finally drivers side outer. Then go around and do it all again. Usually 2 or 3 times.
I'm not sure what you mean about not getting the inner to bleed? You just installed new calipers and lines so you'll need to press down on the brake pedal serveral times before fluid fills up the lines and the caliper.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
Re: ECS Stage II V2 Bleeding? (Max Rebo)

did you get them used? If you got them new from ECS I am sure they would have taken care of you if you called them.
Looks great BTW, these pic threads are just too tempting!

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: ECS Stage II V2 Bleeding? (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »
What are these missing parts? Should ECS have included them or are they not part of their kit?
Thanks.

Ehh... nevermind. I saw some pics of the ECS 2v2 kit. The calipers should have the crossover lines. My question is answered. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: ECS Stage II V2 Bleeding? (evilpat)

did you get them used? If you got them new from ECS I am sure they would have taken care of you if you called them.
Looks great BTW, these pic threads are just too tempting!
The kit was new, the parts were missing from the order. I'm sure ECS would have taken care of it too, but the guy that owns the kit is way too impatient to wait for shipping and additional downtime on his car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.