VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
But you guys have the apr carbanio intake, the sound of that alone overpowers the dv noises

·
Registered
95 Posts
So, really the DV is better than a blowoff valve? I can't see the blowoff providing any other gains other than a different sound...

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
So, really the DV is better than a blowoff valve? I can't see the blowoff providing any other gains other than a different sound...
.. the DV is not better.. just different.. they do the same thing.. Blow off valve just release it to the air vs the Divert valve sends it back in.. I think Germans used DV and Japanese used BOV systems... guess which one is more complicated.

I have had my FORGE DV for 4 years now.. cleaned it once... Plan to keep it for another 20 years.. or more.

JT

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Now I just need to find a thread in here that has a DIY on swapping out the DV from the stock location on the B6. I seem to never be able to find things on here!!

As for DV vs BoV, mostly no noise vs noise, though once you are tuned and running higher boost you *might* see better results from no BoV and one of the Forge or AWE DV with the replaceable springs... at least that is what I've gleaned from the vortex...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The dv is just right off the turbo. You'll find it :)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
But you guys have the apr carbanio intake, the sound of that alone overpowers the dv noises
the flutter of the intake really does mask the sound the DV/BOV make

and for our cars where the air is metered a DV is better, if you were BT and had gobbs of boost a BOV is a better option

EVEN Japanese cars come with recirc valves and unless properly tuned for not having one there not the best they make your car run rich in between shifts for the most part.

Its all basically a noise preference. no need for a BOV there are no gains on our cars if anything it will slow the spool of you turbo between shifts (manual tranny)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts