VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: ECS tunning BOV KIT. WORKS.......? (wickett.)

yes i have it, yes it works, occasional limp mode which is fixed by a engine re-start.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
i know two people with this.
and yes.
limps on occasion
I wouldnt recommend it. Vents a lot of air even in non boost throttle lift.
The adjustable hybrids that NDauto sells are a hell of a lot better.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (wickett.)

dunno why they sell products that dont work quite right....weird. thanxs just had to have a perspective from a owner.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts

Don't worry. There will be more posts to give you some more insight as to the usefulness of that BOV kit. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: (bluanutonu)

It works on some cars I had it on my car for 5 months with no probs. after that it was just downhill kept running into limp mode all the time, got tired of it and just installed my forge back on. good luck.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Re: ECS tunning BOV KIT. WORKS.......? (wickett.)

ugh...Check this...
HKS SSQV (from edoperformance.com) - $182 + $0 shipping
ATP HKS SSQV Flange - $35 + $9.36 shipping
HKS Recirculation fitting (from OverboostStore) - $10.08 + $7.11 shipping
Hose clamps (local hardware store) - $5.00 or less
1/8" & 1" hose couplers (local hardware store) - $5.00 or less
12" of 1/8" vaccuum (local hardware store) - $5.00 or less
OEM VW Recirc hose (Reused) - free
OEM VW Charge pipe (Reused) - free
I put this together a while ago. It will fit ANY transverse 1.8t, and includes everything from the "kit", except the charge pipe and recirc hose which do NOT need to be replaced.
Total cost for everything...less than $260. Why would u spend $320 for something u can put together for $60 less? BTW, this will work perfectly, no limp.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Re: ECS tunning BOV KIT. WORKS.......? (JM1681)

Man another BOV thread...
Anyways, yes it works on some cars, it works on mine, I have never hit limp with it, I put down 213whp/ 237ftlbs with it.
If you buy it, get the recirc kit, just in case it doesn't work properly on your car.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
look at my sig, i have a dv that works, i just wanting to know if it worked like they said it did.....thanx for input.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

The ECS kit works for some not for others. IMO, you're 100x better off, buying the individual parts I listed. Its cheaper in the long run (by a lot too) and will not cause ANY adverse effects like some people experience with the ECS kit. Also, VTA BOVs, even if they don't cause the problems inherent with running a valve VTA, you still lose air in the system. Recirculating a valve promotes the best response between shifts.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Most BOV kits in reciculating mode will operate a lot longer than a standard piston valve.
Better construction, and in some cases less mechanical action. Depends on the design of the valve really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts