VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers guys,

I had some problems with my ecu, it turns out theres a water leaking into my ecu. and it wont start but all the program are still in there, already check the ecu pin out it is working. my mechanic said it would need a replacement ecu, and the part number is this 1k0907115E, would it be ok if I change the ecu that doesnt have the same partnumber, like 1k0907115F? I have the BWA engine code for more information. Every answer will be very helpful, since i love this car so much :D

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,572 Posts
Cheers guys,

I had some problems with my ecu, it turns out theres a water leaking into my ecu. and it wont start but all the program are still in there, already check the ecu pin out it is working. my mechanic said it would need a replacement ecu, and the part number is this 1k0907115E, would it be ok if I change the ecu that doesnt have the same partnumber, like 1k0907115F? I have the BWA engine code for more information. Every answer will be very helpful, since i love this car so much :D

Thanks
My ECU got water damaged and I had to replace it. As far as I know, you need the identical PN, so it can be adapted to your car. Or things like your keys will not work anymore.

That issue took 9 months and thousands of dollars to diagnose. I wish we knew it was the ECU right away. The new ECU took about 6?weeks to get at about $1,800… But it was a relief to finally solve it.

I had lots of advice to buy a used ECU, but after 14 years, who knows what you are going to find. Used computer = total gamble… If you want it fixed, buy a new one. EXACT same PN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ATBB and racerpoet

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Cheers guys,

Thanks
I am not seeing that number as being superseded by F, you should be able to go to dealer and see what the current replacement is for your current ecu if there is any.

You need to see if you can find one with the same part # & software # , then you need to do something about the immo function, delete it or adapt to car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you go factory there will be a LOONNNGGGGG wait for it.
i ordered one for my 09 Jetta S with a 2.5 auto. waited 18 WEEKS and had no ship date yet.
the shop that worked bought one with the exact same part # on Ebay. car runs now but i have a few dash lights to get taken care of at the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ECU got water damaged and I had to replace it. As far as I know, you need the identical PN, so it can be adapted to your car. Or things like your keys will not work anymore.

That issue took 9 months and thousands of dollars to diagnose. I wish we knew it was the ECU right away. The new ECU took about 6?weeks to get at about $1,800… But it was a relief to finally solve it.

I had lots of advice to buy a used ECU, but after 14 years, who knows what you are going to find. Used computer = total gamble… If you want it fixed, buy a new one. EXACT same PN.

I totally agree with this, but my ECU doesnt have any sign of corrosion, only a rain water leaking into my ECU it started leaking from here
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Electronic instrument

Buying a used ECU is the only option in here, since Bosch and vw dealers dont have the product anymore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not seeing that number as being superseded by F, you should be able to go to dealer and see what the current replacement is for your current ecu if there is any.

You need to see if you can find one with the same part # & software # , then you need to do something about the immo function, delete it or adapt to car.
Official VW dealer said its hard to find this part# since Bosch doesnt produce it anymore, i also heard that i can disable the immo on the "new" ECU, but can I backup the tuning files on the old ECU and used it on the new ones?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you go factory there will be a LOONNNGGGGG wait for it.
i ordered one for my 09 Jetta S with a 2.5 auto. waited 18 WEEKS and had no ship date yet.
the shop that worked bought one with the exact same part # on Ebay. car runs now but i have a few dash lights to get taken care of at the dealer.
yeah that's what my dealer said it would take a longer time to wait for the replacement ECU to be ordered, I dont have a problem with christmas light coming on to my dash. I got a lot of offer to fix the ECU or replace it with the "new" ones. and they will code it and adapt the immo and backup the tune, but the offer was far away from where i lived 😩

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Official VW dealer said its hard to find this part# since Bosch doesnt produce it anymore, i also heard that i can disable the immo on the "new" ECU, but can I backup the tuning files on the old ECU and used it on the new ones?
Looks like the part is NLA

Yes there are companies & persons that can delete immo or adapt and transfer the software / tune to the used Ecu. You just need to find somebody close to you unless you dont mind sending it across the world for the service.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Bosch might be able to make the repairs but I have no idea how they handle a tuned Ecu you would need to ask them if the can retain the existing tune or they flash it back to factory configuration.

Ps you will need a repair shop to contact Bosch they do not deal with "private persons".

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,572 Posts
I totally agree with this, but my ECU doesnt have any sign of corrosion, only a rain water leaking into my ECU it started leaking from here View attachment 152440

Buying a used ECU is the only option in here, since Bosch and vw dealers dont have the product anymore
I bought my new ECU 13 months ago…

·
Registered
270 Posts
1. Go to a reputable used parts / scrap. They should give you generally 3 months warranty on the thing. They will find one for you. Not difficult to find a used one, and really... These things do not break often, used will be good.

2. Call up car locksmith or ECU tuner to get your immo / ecu calibration done.

Then again. The shop should be able to carry out the repair if you are willing to pay the extra time. Part number should match either original or as mentioned, updated number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts