VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is my daily driver a 2003 EV MV. This has been on my auto bucketlist for a while now.

I love this EV and have been driving her since Sept.

future plans:

Recaro kids seat - done
Oem euro markers - done
Rear fog light - wiring done
Euro light switch
HID headlights / french foglights
W8 dome light
mk3 vr6 chin spolier
H&R cupkit - should I ?
subdued badging

·
Registered
382 Posts
Some excellent effects with your camera. Van looks superb. Hard to believe that these vans were designed in the eightys & still look so good today.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
There's plenty you can do to your EV. Thing is, many of the parts are NLA and some thongs are just harder to get. Recently, I just put in a new radio because my old one took a dump. So, I replaced the Blaupunkt (I installed one many years ago) with a new one. This was because i already had it wired properly, so it was plug and play. This new one make me feel like I got a new EV. It has Bluetooth and can work an iPhone (I can plug it right in and it'll control it and charge it). Now I can make calls and stream music like all of those new cars can. All of this for $119 on an Amazon lighting purchase. I bought the extra mic (it's mounted by the instrument cluster) and a cell bracket that made for a VW. I use my old cell phone holder. I have an old Blaupunkt "Thummer" and can control the whole thing from the steering wheel.

Also, if you look at the bottom of the pic, you'll see the shelf I mounted many moons ago. It was an actual VW part for an older EV (around a 97). I managed to snag one and get it mounted. It's been the best investment I ever made. If you can still get the headlight washers that VW used to have in stock, that's another neat addition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice ride - Enjoy

I have an 02 MV same exact color. I added many of the items you are listing along with some others. As I have three kids and drive around their friends I added a Sparco belt for the center bench seat as this just seemed safer than the lap belt. Took a little bit of welding but not bad for an anchor point.

I only have just over 70K on mine and was due for new pads in about 5k or so. I dove in an went with Zimmermann rotors (drilled fronts, solid backs) and EBC green stuff pad. It turned out to be a good modification / upgrade as the braking seems a bit better.

I found it is kind of fun doing bits here and there. What I would really like is some side skirts but hard to find here in the US. Found some in Germany by the tuner Loony Tunes for €279.00 but it is the shipping.

Where did you get the temporary German plate ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an 02 MV same exact color. I added many of the items you are listing along with some others. As I have three kids and drive around their friends I added a Sparco belt for the center bench seat as this just seemed safer than the lap belt. Took a little bit of welding but not bad for an anchor point.

I only have just over 70K on mine and was due for new pads in about 5k or so. I dove in an went with Zimmermann rotors (drilled fronts, solid backs) and EBC green stuff pad. It turned out to be a good modification / upgrade as the braking seems a bit better.

I found it is kind of fun doing bits here and there. What I would really like is some side skirts but hard to find here in the US. Found some in Germany by the tuner Loony Tunes for €279.00 but it is the shipping.

Where did you get the temporary German plate ?

Cheers
bavarian autosport in portsmouth NH . they have a webpage as well. BMW stuff but they have cool euro stuff as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts