VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a problem with my plug wires, and my coil pack is developing a hairline fracture, so i'm about to rip out the whole lot. my question is, has anyone upgraded their ignition to an aftermarket unit (ie msd, jacobs, etc.) or is it wise to stick with the oem stuff? if you have upgraded, i could use any advice you can give me. thanks.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Re: educate me... ignition system (xjared304x)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok, i have a problem with my plug wires, and my coil pack is developing a hairline fracture, so i'm about to rip out the whole lot. my question is, has anyone upgraded their ignition to an aftermarket unit (ie msd, jacobs, etc.) or is it wise to stick with the oem stuff? if you have upgraded, i could use any advice you can give me. thanks. [HR][/HR]​
I remember it being spoken about in another post I happened to stumble upon. It has been done, unfortunately I can't remember who did it, but just put your question in search...you'll get an answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.