VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well today I debadged my car. Everything went fine I got all the adhesive off with the goo-gone but after I washed my car I notice all kinda scratched marks outlining the "1.8T" part.
So you can pretty much actually read 1.8T without the badge. I know i didnt scratch it like that. Did this happen to anyone else? If so do you have any recommedations for a good scratch remover?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: eeekk..debadgers did this happen to you?? (pr4ctic4l)

hmm, it didnt happen to me, but, it you take some LIGHT polishing compound and work at it by hand they'll be gone without effort. i say "light" and "by hand" because i do buffing for a living and without proper training with strong grade compounds and buffing wheels you can seriously mess up your car. i have seen this on the dubs that come in used and i have to fix their paint. just a warning, but that will do it, it's just minor scratches in the clearcoat.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: eeekk..debadgers did this happen to you?? (Kowgod)

Theyre very light scratches i cant even feel them with my finger. But just enough to be stupid looking and annoying! Ill try the polish and wax deal. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Theyre very light scratches i cant even feel them with my finger. But just enough to be stupid looking and annoying! Ill try the polish and wax deal. Thanks![HR][/HR]​
Go get yourself some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and some good wax. IHG works wonders on fine scratches.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts

The same thing happen on my tornado red gti.The gti badge came off nice.No marks whats so ever.But i notice on the 1.8T side there is scratches around were the badge was.You can barely see the outline of the 1.8T,but only around sunset when the sun hits it just right.Iam anal too.Nobody else would notice it but me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.