VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows what the efficiency range of the ko3 sport is. I have an A2 with an AWV motor on standalone, and it holds 20 psi pretty easily, is this out of the efficiency range? Would I make better power if I limited the boost? Also, how much boost can the stock head gasket handle? It looks like mine is starting to leak a small amount of oil.

Modified by Hugh Gordon at 4:34 PM 5-18-2004

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Efficiency range of ko3 sport (Hugh Gordon)

Head gasket isn't leaking. Probably valve cover. And everyone will tell you that the K03 is out of efficiency at 16 psi or so. But I run much more than that. Now holding that boost for a long time will just blow hot air, especially in the upper rpms.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Efficiency range of ko3 sport (VDUBNDizzy)

Yeah, I was thinking it might be the valve cover, maybe the timing cover area? So there's not really much use in running high boost at high rpms? Does a front mount intercooler make any sort of difference?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: Efficiency range of ko3 sport (Hugh Gordon)

A frount mount will make a difference in any forced induction application. Some people will tell you that a fmic will make you loose power on a KO3... but that's totaly false. You might lose .5psi, but you'll gain more by keeping the intake temp down.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Efficiency range of ko3 sport (vladyGTI)

Thats what I thought. It boosts really well, almost no lag at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts