VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy that works at the vw dealership just dropped off my car after he installed my pro kit/pro dampers. I like the drop beacuse it looks good but is not slammed. On the road it is noticeably stiffer, but still comfortable and the thing pins corners alot tighter than before. I am dying to thrown my car through some nice twisties.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (grommitsGTI)

Another satisfied costumer! i can't wait to get that setup, hopefully i will have the money to get it done by the time it gets warm again. then again, it isn't that much lower than stock, so i guess i could get it done before spring if i do get the money.
Did you get the sway bars also, or just the dampers and springs? i was thinking about getting everything.

·
Registered
371 Posts

When you've time drive over to Pasadena Freeway(110) after mid night. I think that's the road for testing new suspension. lots of twist and lots of Bumps/holes/dips

I'm also considering getting the full monty - Eibach Pro Damper+Springs+Sways (F n R) and the price isn't as expensive as those Coilovers or H&R cupkit + ns sways

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (aak97)

Oh my God you're right! The 110 is so fun. My favorite part is when the road gets all wacky right before heading into Chinatown. I don't find the 110 particularly bumpy though.... I think parts of the 210 are worse.... the 134 is by far my least favorite for some reason.
Enjoy your suspension. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (PHILA#3)

quote:[HR][/HR]Another satisfied costumer! i can't wait to get that setup, hopefully i will have the money to get it done by the time it gets warm again. then again, it isn't that much lower than stock, so i guess i could get it done before spring if i do get the money.
Did you get the sway bars also, or just the dampers and springs? i was thinking about getting everything.[HR][/HR]​
Dark Forest Green 1992 SLC also with AMS CHIP and AUTOTECH Exhaust. GTI Has more pull but the Corrado with Mods had better top end. I am thinking Eibach prokit & Koni Yellow's "Opinions"

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (skills)

skills- don't get me started with corrado talk, i miss the little guy. as for the suspension, I am curious why you would want to go with koni dampers instead of the eibach ones. are the koni's adjustable, and what are the advantages of the koni's? I personally am not into the adjustability factor, i was considering the bilstein PSS9, but realized it was way more than i needed. I am not racing my car, and i don't think I would mess with the setup once it is initially adjusted. Everytime you adjust you need an alignment, and that is a PITA! I am going with the eibach springs and dampers which were designed to work together, and according to the rave reviews, they are working together quite well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I got the springs and dampers, but no sway bars. The ride is alot stiffer, but it is smooth and comfortable. My car does not bounce down the road like some of my buddies hondas, I would say that it glides. I will try to get a pic up so that you guys can see the drop and I will hit up the pasadena fwy soon.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

hm..you think the pro kit is a lot stiffer?--try coilovers, bilsteins, neuspeed, or h&r--Eibach is the softest

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (Playa178)

I just had my pro-system installed last Saturday and I am very happy with it. It is the best all around suspension I have put in any of my VW's. It gives a controlled ride but is not bouncy at all. The springs and dampers are matched and it shows.
I also like the drop for the Jetta. It seems to be pretty even and doesn't have that trunk up in the air look of some of the other suspensions I have seen.
It also is the best value out there, I paid $529 for the springs/dampers.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Phila#3- I took 10 minute video before I sold the Corrado don't reminde me. Your correct the Eibach dampeners and springs are the perfect match. However, I am in on a GB for the Koni yellows. The adjustables are for stiffness only no height. So no need to do alignment. As far as the PSS9's I have heard mixed reviews. I am confused right now. Well I had a friend do the prokit springs and Koni Adj on MKIII VR6 Jetta and the ride was so controlledand smooth 50 profile tires. The Eibach struts are made by Sachs (I called Eibach and they told me). The Koni adjustables are just the sport version of the konis stiffer with a shorter spring in minde. I may just do the Koni strut & stock springs and 17's. I don't plan on racing either. 17's & Koni's is the ultimate conservative ride set up. No drop but stiffer suspension. What do you think. #3 is that for the "Answer" if it is you know what the "Answer" is.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (aak97)

theres a gb going on for eibach kits
its in the classifieds

[Modified by soot, 7:54 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
556 Posts

The Answer ... A.I.
How much does the eibach pro lower the jetta? i'm looking to get rid of some of that nasty wheel gap in mine .. was considering h&r/neuspeed sports or the cup kit
thanx

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (vr6dubber23)

Mine is between 1.25" and 1.5" lower than other Jettas, and I measured them all!
I also love my springs...can't wait to get the Pro-Dampers on it, too!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Eibach pro system installed (vr6dubber23)

quote:[HR][/HR]The Answer ... A.I.
How much does the eibach pro lower the jetta? i'm looking to get rid of some of that nasty wheel gap in mine .. was considering h&r/neuspeed sports or the cup kit
thanx[HR][/HR]​
Mine lowered a little over 1.25" but it may settle some.??
I am shopping for a cheap digital camera this weekend and if I get it I will post pics of my Jetta.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

skills- ok i see what you are doing, and i like what i hear. I know Koni makes a quality product, and ride adjustability would be nice, but it's just not for me. You can't go wrong with the eibach/koni or eibach/eibach setup, I am also not trying to slam my car. I think the drop of the eibach pro-kit is perfect, not too low, but gets rid of the huge wheel gaps and I hear the ride is quite comfortable also. The whole PSS9 thing is pretty scary, i was real close to getting in a GB about six months ago, but i bailed out. I am lucky i did, because there were threads ever since about missing wrenches, and problems people from that groupbuy were having. There were some disgruntled vortexers after that GB.
well, you got me, i am a huge Iverson fan, and a Sixers season ticket holder. What's not to love, the kid has heart. He is the BEST player in the league, and i hope nobody starts talking about that fake MJ from L.A. in the same breath as The Answer.

·
Registered
866 Posts

"Answer" that's your new name. he he he
Koni/Eibach or Eibach, Eibach ?????? Ahhhhh Fake MJ is very good but he is like a V-Tech Honda. And the Answer is like a 330CI. Both great performance cars. But I will take the 330CI
I am doing my Koni GB today, I am sure I will decide right as I place the order on the phone. I will post my results and let everyone know if I like the set up.
I am still not sure Eibach/Eibach or Koni/Eibach

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

you can get the eibach setup with a 1.3inch drop or a 1.8inch drop.
ill be getting the 1.8inch drop very very soon

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

skills-What I meant was Eibach springs/Eibach dampers, or Eibach springs/Koni Dampers, and that you couldn't go wrong because either setup is going to improve the handling drastically. "The Answer" yes he is the 330CI, and that makes me wonder. I like everyone else on vortex with a GTI thinks that the 330CI is the best car around. I think it is funny that everyone brings up that car instead of the new M3. I personally like the E36 M3 better than the E46, I know it's stupid, but the old one has a certain style that can't be denied. The E36 3 series reminds me of the corrado, because that body style never gets old or dated to me, and i still get jealous when i see a nice one drive by me.
330Ci-I decided that was my next car at last years Philly Auto Show. who knows when i will get one, but it Will be a 330CI

·
Registered
866 Posts

Guess what tried to order my shocks and the guy I need to speak with was not there. So I aint getting nothing. Gonna invest in a 6 disc changer and Get the V-1 radar detector. I am driving down to NC next month. So I will need to know where Mr. Police man is and I will want to listen to some nice tunes on my sweet @$$ Monsoon. Ya know what, the car it pretty dam fine just as it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts