VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be having it installed soon. I put everything on the scale and it came out to a total combined wieght of 23lbs (PP/FW/CL). The flywheel is only 8lbs and everything looks great. I will give a full review as soon as everything is installed. Rich and the guys at EIP did a great job and made sure that I received the kit as quickly as possible. Great job guys. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Steven

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (SRG9blueR32)

Are you doing the install or where are you going? Curious to know of a local shop willing to do that type of work.
Good Score http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (tjm0852)

There is a shop that I have been going to for years that will do any work that you need done to your car. If they can't do it they know somebody who can (i.e. paint, they don't do paint but recommend great places). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Contact Zaim or Joey at Central Tire Auto Repair in Yonkers and they will help you in everyway possible. Just tell them Steven the guy with the Blue R32 told you to call.
Steven

Central Tire
(914)966-0002
51 Central Park Ave
Yonkers, NY 10705
They may be a little expensive then other places, and cheaper than some, but you get what you pay for. I have had no troubles with their service or prices in 2 years.

·
Banned
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (vdubbin0.)

As soon as I get all of the stock items replaced I will weigh everything and give my review. Thank you I forgot to say that earlier.

Steven

·
Registered
3,552 Posts

edit,

Asked the question in the EIP clutch thread

Modified by j-dub at 10:22 AM 6-22-2005

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (j-dub)

Quote, originally posted by j-dub »
Did EIP recommend a upgraded throwout bearing or are you going to reuse your original?
I seem to remember from the South Bend clutch thread that they were including an beefier throw out bearing.

IIRC, doesn't the clutch kit include a new TO bearing? Regardless, I'd swap in a new one based on everyone who's been having noisy TO bearing problems (including me).
One guy (sprink32), had work done on his tranny and he explained that when they disassembled the clutch & FW, the TO bearing just fell apart into several pieces.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (Max Rebo)

Exactly. I just did not see any mention of it from EIP.

·
Registered
563 Posts

Here is what my throw out bearing did to my clutch...

This was a couple months back like right ebfore EIP released their clutch kit. If I had known I would have waited and tried to get VW to pay for EIP clutch, which by the way is cheaper to purchase and install then the OEM one. The dealer wanted something like 3000$ to replace my clutch, luckily they covered under warrenty.
Jeremy

·
Registered
8,219 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SRG9blueR32 »
There is a shop that I have been going to for years that will do any work that you need done to your car. If they can't do it they know somebody who can (i.e. paint, they don't do paint but recommend great places). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Contact Zaim or Joey at Central Tire Auto Repair in Yonkers and they will help you in everyway possible. Just tell them Steven the guy with the Blue R32 told you to call.
Steven

Central Tire
(914)966-0002
51 Central Park Ave
Yonkers, NY 10705
They may be a little expensive then other places, and cheaper than some, but you get what you pay for. I have had no troubles with their service or prices in 2 years.

let me know i could walk there and check it out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: EIP Clutch kit arrived last night (03rabbitgti)

I will most likely be doing it this Saturday so if you feel like stopping by let me know. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Steven

Maybe we could take a spin in your R while mine is getting taken apart.

646-261-3148

·
Registered
3,552 Posts

Steven, did you have time to put in the new clutch and flywheel?

·
Banned
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

No I separated my shoulder Friday night
, but I will get it installed this weekend for sure. I want it done for Waterfest so this weekend is it. I will have a write up and review, hopefully with pics and weight differences, by 4th or 5th of July. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the bump though.
Steven

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I'm wondering about just what kind of benefits this clutch offers over the stock one... Is it that it supports additional power or something other?

·
Registered
319 Posts
definately supports additional power, not only that, but it takes much more of a beating as well. The stock clutch can probably handle up to 320 horses but anything more you would need this clutch.... but its not just for horsepower though... if you drive hard and risk burning a clutch, this would be the way to go... besides, the EIP clutch adds 7hp, and it also makes revving and acceleration much faster and crisper, so you will feel an immediate difference in acceleration in all angles ... low - end / high - end

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Re: (AreenR32)

Quote, originally posted by AreenR32 »
definately supports additional power, not only that, but it takes much more of a beating as well. The stock clutch can probably handle up to 320 horses but anything more you would need this clutch.... but its not just for horsepower though... if you drive hard and risk burning a clutch, this would be the way to go... besides, the EIP clutch adds 7hp, and it also makes revving and acceleration much faster and crisper, so you will feel an immediate difference in acceleration in all angles ... low - end / high - end

Wow, that sounds pretty impressive... How much is it? how much to install?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.