VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 6 months ago i placed a large order with eip for a turbo set up that they quoted me at 525 horse and 475 torque.
they said that it takes 3 to 4 months to fabricate everything and i told them that they have six because i am in tech school and wasn't in my engines class yet.
so i gave them the $$5500$$ and then they said that they would start. so time went on and no word. i was originally dealing with mike and then about a 2 months ago mike left and my order was handed over to kyle. so i have now been playing phone tag with kyle trying to figure out if they have even start putting this thing together. it took me about 3 weeks to even get conformation that they had even started.
im on a dead line because i only have 3 months to put the kit in the car and have ti running. they keep telling me " call me tomorrow and ill have something" and yet next day comes and nothing. im not trying to bash eip i mean they are really the only ones out there with the dyno numbers to back up there quotes. i just want my turbo kit. i also don't want to start a bad relationship with them because they will be the ones tuning the car and if they hate me well then i don't think they will be to enthused about working with me.
i just don't understand y this is happening. they assured me that they take good care of there customers and i mean im dropping 15 grand !!!!!!! on this stuff that not chump change so i would think that an order like that would be on the top of the list.
im just trying to figure out what i should do because time is running out and if i don't have the parts i wont be able to take the engine and take advantage of all the tools and guidance of my tech school to build this car.
so if any one has any input about what i should do or any feed back that would be great. im just stumped as to y this si happening. i mean its not like i didn't come through with the money or anything like that
i just figured that if you give someone 5 AND A HALF GRAND to do there job that they would be on top of things. so if anyone has any ideas or comments let me here them cuz i am just at a dead end with my thumb up my ass at this point

Modified by shortshiften at 6:50 PM 7-5-2006

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Re: eip problems 6 months later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shortshiften)

so are they actually past the promise date yet? or just a lack of communication goin on? Good luck..you are not the first

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they said it would take 3 to 4 months to put everything together. and it has been six months and they have barley confirmed that they have started making it. they just reciantly told me that most of the turbo kit is put together but are waiting on my rods and some otherf things but i dont know if they are just telling me this to get me off there back i mean i dont want to tear apart my motor and then find out that my parts wont reach me for another 2 months.
i have herd other bad story from people about eip so i confronted mike about it and he made a big deal that he took really good care of his customers. all the storys i have herd wernt about orders this big they told me i have one of the bigger orders that they are working on so i figuered that it would be top priorty but i jsut donkt know anymore

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new pistions
head
crank
rods
intake and throttle body
turbo
sofware
fuel system
intercooler
piping
and all other nessary thing to reach the quote of 525.
they said they would put together everything i needed
i have requested a full list but still nothing

Modified by shortshiften at 8:04 PM 7-5-2006

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Re: (shortshiften)

That shouldn't take them 4 months.... Call every couple hours. That's too much money not to, **** I'd fly out there.

Modified by -:VW:- at 8:18 PM 7-5-2006

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Re: (-:VW:)

Quote, originally posted by -:VW:- »
That shouldn't take them 4 months.... Call every couple hours. That's too much money not to, **** I'd fly out there.

Modified by -:VW:- at 8:18 PM 7-5-2006

anoying them isnt gonna do any good...as much as you want too u dont wana rub these peole the worng way if they are handling your stuff..personaly i wouldnt do buisness with them due to all the negitive things i have heard..and apartnly waighting on eip forever is normal..

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so basicaly they have me by the balls since i already gave them my money and when ever they get around to it i will get the kit . i went with them because they produce the high numbers.
i picked up the latest issue of euro tunner today and say a 500 hp r32 on the cover tunned and equipped with a turbo kit by none other than EIP and it pissed me off so much because i could be pushing more horse than that in a mk2. i mean i would think they would be interested in building this even for publicity sake. i just dont under stand how when you fabricate you own stuff and put together your own kits that you would have no idea what is ready and what is not
all in all i just want my turbo kit. i want this car to be absolutly sick and now my name and reputation is slandered and hurt not because i couldnt come up with the money or didnt have the tools skills or time to install it but because the people i payed 5500 grand couldnt do there job in the time they quoted even when i gave them 2 extra months.
ive spoken to a couple different people at eip told them my story and they all tell me they will help me out and they understand and they will get back to me but only once in the six months i have been doing business have they called me or gottan back to me.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts

a little advice....
when it comes to spending big money and making big power, you still need even bigger patience...
the last thing you want is getting this motor, and having a rod bolt come loose because they were in a hurry to finish it. you cant hurry a good fabricator to build somthing, because it just wont turn out right. i have been working on my new motor for almost a year and a half, and although i know where its at - its still taken a HUGE amount of patience on my behalf....
keep asking for updates... stick in there, grab some more patience potion, hope for the best, and keep dreaming about the day tires will meet their demise.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Quote, originally posted by shortshiften »
new pistions
head
crank
rods
intake and throttle body
turbo
sofware
fuel system
intercooler
piping
and all other nessary thing to reach the quote of 525.
they said they would put together everything i needed
i have requested a full list but still nothing

If that's it sounds like they took you...I can get that same set-up for about $8000 installed and still put out bigger numbers.....it doesn't sound like you did enough research... I mean, you don't even know what your buying..... I think that is the first problem... before you go for big power you should know what parts get it there...because when you blow or break something (it will happen regardless with big power) you won't have a clue what happened and get taken again..... I think some serious research is in order.... I don't mean to hate, but only help you out and save you from getting taken for some more Ca$h http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Re: (93Dubster)

Quote, originally posted by 93Dubster »
If that's it sounds like they took you...I can get that same set-up for about $8000 installed and still put out bigger numbers.....it doesn't sound like you did enough research... I mean, you don't even know what your buying..... I think that is the first problem... before you go for big power you should know what parts get it there...because when you blow or break something (it will happen regardless with big power) you won't have a clue what happened and get taken again..... I think some serious research is in order.... I don't mean to hate, but only help you out and save you from getting taken for some more Ca$h http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

regardless if there is a better deal or not, it wont be of the same quality. regardless of if we like them or not, they build/engineer great parts. Their weldling is fantastic and they generate the reliable power. OH yeah...AND THEY DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY. Sure you could do this by skipping out of this and that, but thats not the point of a good build. Doing it right, costs money. True EIP is expensive compared to others, but you arent just paying for a part

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: (fatfreevw)

Quote, originally posted by fatfreevw »

regardless if there is a better deal or not, it wont be of the same quality. regardless of if we like them or not, they build/engineer great parts. Their weldling is fantastic and they generate the reliable power. OH yeah...AND THEY DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY. Sure you could do this by skipping out of this and that, but thats not the point of a good build. Doing it right, costs money. True EIP is expensive compared to others, but you arent just paying for a part

I'm sure it won't be the same quality, not to hate, but EiP's "quality" has been lacking if I understand correctly....they do produce high Horsepower numbers, but it's at an expense... I've heard of a lot of motors they have done blowing soon after, but I'm not trying to start anything so I'll leave it at that....
Good Luck! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Re: (93Dubster)

Quote, originally posted by 93Dubster »
I'm sure it won't be the same quality, not to hate, but EiP's "quality" has been lacking if I understand correctly....they do produce high Horsepower numbers, but it's at an expense... I've heard of a lot of motors they have done blowing soon after, but I'm not trying to start anything so I'll leave it at that....
Good Luck! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

usually what happends is a lack of maintence on the owners part. I bet you 90% of those failures have been because of the lack of attention the owner has given the car. I know personally that I blew up the turbo on my S4 6 months after i got the AWE Tuning Upgrade on it, which was 15k. I immediately thought it was bad part of bad quality on AWE's or Borg Warners part...but it wasnt. It was because i ran low on oil and didnt do oil changes. The shaft broke because of the lack of my care...
there is more beneath the story that appears to the public on everything, thats all...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Re: (fatfreevw)

as for what EIP is doing, they arent trying to screw anyone over. As usual, they are just over worked, year round. Just call em once or twice a week and ask if anythign changed on the status of your kit. If you give them attitude, its only going to do more harm then good(goes with any retail worker). best of luck and try to stay patient

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.