VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to EIP and some seriously good directions with lots of detailed pictures to follow. Sure there is a little droan but if you keep the car above 3k it's actually pretty good.
Will report back later on to see how she settles in but I'm liking this mod so far (like many others have)
TTFN

· Registered
12,104 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (TTigg)

Very nicely aligned TTigg... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Why cover up that plate? I got like 20 online of your car that shows the plate.

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (nebuchadnezzar)

Quote, originally posted by nebuchadnezzar »
Very nicely aligned TTigg... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Why cover up that plate? I got like 20 online of your car that shows the plate.

Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
And as for the plate, yeah I know, figured I gotta start somewhere

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (vdubbin0.)

Quote, originally posted by vdubbin0. »
What ?!?!?! your not bashing EIP... HAHAHAH

just kidding of course

Nope and I tried not to "bash" in my other review - was purely for information purposes

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (NO ID)

Quote, originally posted by NO ID »
Does your left side tip stick out more than the right? Also, does your tips come out further when the exhaust gets hot?

Yes and yes. The picture was taken after running down the shop so the car was "warm" but not "hot". I tried to get the tips to align as best as I can (not easy) so there is a little difference but not too much.

· Registered
367 Posts

Does your left side tip stick out more than the right? Also, does your tips come out further when the exhaust gets hot?

In my experience, it took quite a bit of adjustment to get the left and right tips to line up. It involved a lot of shoving on the hangars followed by attentive torquing of the midpipe bolts.
And in my experience, yes, they do come out quite a bit when hot.

By the way, for anyone who think that the Street Series might not be aggressive enough in sound, I believe it's more than aggressive enough. Everyone on my block hears me coming and going even when I'm driving casually and I set off car alarms on a regular basis just by turning the car on.

Modified by Orpheus at 5:20 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Any idea on why it does that?

Almost all exhausts (inc stock) poke out when they are hot. It's just the metal expanding I think (not 100% sure though)

· Registered
17,610 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (TTigg)

Quote, originally posted by TTigg »
Almost all exhausts (inc stock) poke out when they are hot. It's just the metal expanding I think (not 100% sure though)

Yep.

· Registered
8,275 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (rabbitgtibbar)

well i guess it's a great system "as long as you always stay above 3k"
that really sucks imo, what was the point of the resonator then? I am having to weld a resonator in tommorrow on my comp series and I am crossing my fingers that it eliminates it

glad you like it, wish eip would hurry up with a fix for another "perfect" system

btw, i have nothing against EIP as a company, just the products they put out on the market

· Registered
7,413 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (Ricardo12)

Quote, originally posted by Ricardo12 »
Awesome information, I am considering doing this on my car as well as I like the stock exhaust but want something a bit more.
Thanks for the good info!

Check my signature if you are looking for a exhaust. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,138 Posts

Just so you guys know.. Stainless has a 'memory' and it tries to straigten out any bends for about the first month while it's hot.. it eventually gives up.. it's almost like a tempering effect

· Registered
445 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (White R32)

Just in general, how vulnerable is stainless steel to metal fatigue at those temps during its first month? Is fatigue even an issue? Would you recommend not aligning the tips until after the first month then?

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: EIP Street Series Exhaust Review (nuppal)

there are no issues with stainless expanding and contracting at any point in time, it will continue to do so forever without problems, the only issue could be crappy welds that may crack, but I checked out there welds when I was up at the GTG and they were top notch so they should have any problems, as for tip alignment the tech at the GTG that installed mine moved the rear valence to make it line up better

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.