VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or have a dyno or any info on whp and torque on a EIP 16v turbocharger kit?
Also would you recommend getting this kit, or is there better ones out there?

·
Banned
6,686 Posts
Re: EIP TUNING TURBO (gti24guy)

The owner of EIP is pretty active on these forums, he goes under the name EIPRICH, he is very helpful, shoot him a PM, im sure he can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gti24guy »
Does anyone know or have a dyno or any info on whp and torque on a EIP 16v turbocharger kit?
Also would you recommend getting this kit, or is there better ones out there?

Well, we do not offer a complete system but rather a parts kit for the 16v vehicles. We are however going to be adding the 16v A2 application to our product line. It will be including a FMIC and other hardware components.
Currently we offer just the Starter Kit which includes the main parts needed like: 4-1 Cast (Tubular design) Manifold Flanged for T3 or T4, a Hybrid T3/T4 or a Full T4 and the oil feed and return kit, along with a group of SS and all flanges for DP fabrication including a SS flex bellow. We also provide a set of mild steel mandrel bends and silicone and SS lined band clamps for pressure piping installation. FMIC is also optional. We include all hardware, gaskets, etc to make the build easy and quick.
See here: EIP 16v Turbo Page We use the same manifold and same basic kit with various intercooler and engine configurations for anywhere from 250-450+WHP. Tell us what your goals are and we will provide you what you need to make it happen.
-Rich

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: EIP TUNING TURBO (eiprich)

I was looking to get over 200whp. Your kit is a bit expensive, i think, for not being a complete kit....but being one of the only ones on the web with a semi-turbo kit for a 16v.
Is there anyway I could just buy certain parts to put my own kit together?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

I was looking to get over 200whp. Your kit is a bit expensive, i think, for not being a complete kit....but being one of the only ones on the web with a semi-turbo kit for a 16v.
Is there anyway I could just buy certain parts to put my own kit together?

Basic starter kit (not listed on the site) without IC, but with the rest of the main hardware and a Hybrid turbo, etc. is only $1695. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
This includes Turbo, Manifold, External Deltagate, SS DP parts, SS Dumptube parts, flanges, gaskets, hardware, mandrel bends for pressure side piping, silicone, clamps, oil feed/return kit, etc.
-Rich

·
Banned
4,627 Posts

Damn, I wish I knew that, I would of started with that rather then running around looking for stuff

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Re: EIP TUNING TURBO (QuickA2)

Quote, originally posted by QuickA2 »
Damn, I wish I knew that, I would of started with that rather then running around looking for stuff

I have them updating the site as we speak...it was on our old dial up site which we finally just took down...those with dial up may find our site a tad slow but it is much bigger and constantly updated.
Check the 16v Turbo Page within the next day or two for updates http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
-Rich

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wow
What a great deal
Ill be looking into that now
Do you have any exact numbers (whp) on it yet? If not thats ok. Also how long will that be around for?
I just checked the site and its the sh!t. The EIP shop is about an hr from my house. I love you guys for making an inexpensive turbo kit for 16v. Your one of the few with a kit.
If i were to buy this kit would your turbo intake manifold be a good thing to add on too?

Modified by gti24guy at 7:16 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Wow
What a great deal
Ill be looking into that now
Do you have any exact numbers (whp) on it yet? If not thats ok. Also how long will that be around for?
I just checked the site and its the sh!t. The EIP shop is about an hr from my house. I love you guys for making an inexpensive turbo kit for 16v. Your one of the few with a kit.
If i were to buy this kit would your turbo intake manifold be a good thing to add on too?

Well, as for hp, it totally depends on the rest of your setup. What type of injection you use and other elements. The Starter Kit is basically a parts kit that saves you time and money in preparing your system. We have 16v cars that range from 200whp-450whp and beyond.
The basic Turbo options are T3 Super-60 which is good for 250-300hp, or a hybrid T3/T4 which is good for 350 or more hp. With the T4 options the power can be much higher, it all depends on the ultimate goal and the setup beyond just the hard parts of the turbo core itself.
-Rich
Edit: I forgot to answer...YES our tubular intake for the 8v and 16v cars has been proven many times to add lots of power over the stock units. It is by no means necessary for a basic setup and should be added only after your kit is more thoroughly sorted, or if you intend on going pretty hard core right from the start.
We normally use our intake with stand-alone management and for when big power (beyond 300WHP) is the goal.

Modified by eiprich at 8:46 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
322 Posts

Hey Rich,
I noticed that you used a Scirocco 50mm intake on one of your projects. Did you see any gains over the stock intake?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Would you recomend upgrading any tranmission parts, like clutches, with the addition of the Basic turbo kit?
bump

Modified by gti24guy at 8:42 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Re: EIP TUNING TURBO (nc16v)

Quote, originally posted by nc16v »
Hey Rich,
I noticed that you used a Scirocco 50mm intake on one of your projects. Did you see any gains over the stock intake?

Yes, it is def. beneficial for boost. We noted a substantial gain with the use of the Euro intake.
Flow testing and dyno testing show that our short runner is better, overall for 4cyl VW turbo. So if you have a line on a cheap 50mm intake or if you are CIS, go for the Euro part, otherwise just go to the tubular design which is optimized for boost.
-Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts