VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing around looking at all the 24v CAI kits out there and came across EIP's dyno:

This is on a bone stock car with no chip or exhaust. Impressive to say the least. I wonder if this would justify the $300 price tag.

Modified by B3VR6 at 7:18 PM 7-16-2003

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: EIP's CAI Makes 14hp and 10ft/lb at the wheels?! (Boost Inside)

Quote, originally posted by Boost Inside »
If you believe anything EIP says, I have a bridge for sale.

hey lay off that boost... don't you remember i still have 5 monthly payments b4 that bridge is MINES!!!

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: EIP's CAI Makes 14hp and 10ft/lb at the wheels?! (B3VR6)

Quote, originally posted by B3VR6 »
I was surfing around looking at all the 24v CAI kits out there and came across EIP's dyno:

This is on a bone stock car with no chip or exhaust. Impressive to say the least. I wonder if this would justify the $300 price tag.

Modified by B3VR6 at 7:18 PM 7-16-2003

i am getting the exact same setup soon for 200.. we'll see how much power t produces but i highly doubt it'll be 14hp...

· Registered
279 Posts

Say what you want about EIP but these guys have been tuning the VR6 long before it had 24 valves. They also own that 10 sec VR6T. Basicly what I'm sayin is if anyone can pull that kinda power from your engine with a CAI it's EIP.

· Registered
726 Posts
Re: EIP's CAI Makes 14hp and 10ft/lb at the wheels?! (nodnarB)

I've always wondered what is so bad about EIP. I really haven't researched them cause I'm poor and couldn't afford stuff like that, but why does everyone knock them all the time? Not upset, just curious

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: EIP's CAI Makes 14hp and 10ft/lb at the wheels?! (Chronogoof89)

They had some programming issues with the very first VR6 turbo systems on the scene back around 93-95. Some customers were without a car for up to 6 months and didn't have the best customer service experience.
I believe that is all water under the bridge now...

· Registered
5,756 Posts

They had some programming issues with the very first VR6 turbo systems on the scene back around 93-95. Some customers were without a car for up to 6 months and didn't have the best customer service experience.
I believe that is all water under the bridge now...

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Many many people on this forum have lost money to EIP. If you do a search on them, you will find all the information you need to make an educated decision on them, and there business ethics. I have never persoanlly bought anything from them, but wa about to until I called them. lets just say they are not the friendliest guys around. From what I have heard, if you have lots of $, and go to them in person, you will get your stuff. But, if you have to order anything from them online, or on the phone, you have about a 50/50 chance.

· Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Living within an hour of them, I've been to their old and new shops multiple times. Every business transaction I've had with them has been pleasant. Yeah, sometimes they do seem a bit 'High and mighty' but I personally haven't had any problems with them.
Remember, as with more message forums, the people who have horrible problems post mugh more than those who have acceptable service... making things seem worse than they really are at times.

· Registered
5,756 Posts

Living within an hour of them,

From what I have heard, if you have lots of $, and go to them in person, you will get your stuff.

And, btw, I do not base all my facts on heresay through this board, I happen to have personal friends who have experienced there sub-par service.

· Registered
279 Posts

Putting aside EIP's bad reputation, I'm pretty sure everyone is waiting for them to do a turbo build up for this engine. I thought they had one in the plans. Unfortunately I don't believe APR will tune this engine(not until the 3.2 is released anyway) ,ATP hasn't said a word about a 24V turbo(as far as I know) ,and lets face it, as beautiful as HPA's kit is who is gonna spend roughly the same amount of cash for a turbo kit for their car that it cost them to get their car in the first place!?!?!? It'd be pretty funny if EIP owned the fastest 24V AND 12V in NA.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Re: EIP's CAI Makes 14hp and 10ft/lb at the wheels?! (nodnarB)

Quote, originally posted by nodnarB »
Putting aside EIP's bad reputation, I'm pretty sure everyone is waiting for them to do a turbo build up for this engine. I thought they had one in the plans. Unfortunately I don't believe APR will tune this engine(not until the 3.2 is released anyway) ,ATP hasn't said a word about a 24V turbo(as far as I know) ,and lets face it, as beautiful as HPA's kit is who is gonna spend roughly the same amount of cash for a turbo kit for their car that it cost them to get their car in the first place!?!?!? It'd be pretty funny if EIP owned the fastest 24V AND 12V in NA.

Actually, according to HPA, they are working on getting the prices on there kits down, and makind a more affordable "entry level" kit.

· Registered
2,032 Posts

Actually, according to HPA, they are working on getting the prices on there kits down, and makind a more affordable "entry level" kit.

"entry level"=50hp http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.