VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some electrical problems with my '96 GTI 2.0 (what a suprise
).
My headlight switch seems to to be the master power switch, controlling most of the interior accessories, ie dome light, radio, OBDII port, clock, odometer. Some of the stuff turns on when the key is on. Also, my blower motor doesn't do anything on any of the settings. I checked all my fuses and relays and they look good. I checked the wiring going to the back of the headlight switch and it looks ok. Right now I'm missing fuses 21 and 22, but the stuff still turns on with the headlight switch. If you put fuse 21 in, the dome light and the clock/odometer light up, but the dome light never goes out and the passanger side marker and rear light is on as if I had the switch on. I've talked to a few people and they've said it could be the ignition switch or the fuse block, I wanted to get some more opinions before I start tearing stuff apart and throwing money at it.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (smick)

I'll have to check the plug then, cause I took the connector off the switch just to make sure it wasn't the switch, didn't look at the plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts