VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here's the situation. I had my head unit powered through a fuse tap in fuse 21. One day my lights were left on, and my battery was completely drained. I got a jump, but since then, I hear a whining noise through my speaker when I use the ac, and it seems like the power cuts off to certain areas of the car. For example, my head unit keeps cutting off at random times (usually when in stopped, or just hitting the gas after stopping). Because of this, I switched to themore appropiate block 75x to power my head unit, but the problem persists. If I use a turn signal, my headlights flicker, or if I roll my windows up, my head unit will turn off and quickly turn back on. Its almost as if my car isnt getting enough electricity. Any ideas on what could be the problem? All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
53,295 Posts
....got a jump, ....
Did the polarity get reversed by mistake at all during this?

Have you cleaned and tightened the cable clamps on the battery posts?

Have you charged the battery yet? It needs 12 hours at 2 to 5 amp to fully charge or a 4 to 6 hour trip at highway speeds.

Have you tried disconnection the battery for an hour or so?

Seems you may have a Can-bus issue caused by the low battery condition or an accidental crossed polarity during the jump.

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
I'd start my checking the battery connections - including the fuse panel on and the ground connections under the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts