VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas well the other day i was driving home and my cluster went dead. all my engine/asr/etc lights work and guages work. but the red/blue lights in my cluster (speedo/tach/fuel/temp) are dead. so after checking the fuses and finding nothing wrong, my left citylight/drl and rear light (not brake/backup/signal) are out. all other lights and signals work.
so im thinking i have a wireing issue somewhere but im new to the dub world, i just got the car back in july. thanks.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Electrical Problems? MKIV GTI Cluster not lighting up HELP! (dennisgli)

yup. all lights work except left front citylight,rear tail (not the whole tail), and the blue/red lights in the guage cluster.

· Registered
14,151 Posts
Re: Electrical Problems? MKIV GTI Cluster not lighting up HELP! (Pockets)

Sounds like two unrelated problems.
So the lights in the radio, door controls, etc. all light but the instrument cluster doesn't? Sounds like a bad instrument cluster or the wiring going to it.
And the left side marker light works but not the front and rear - that sounds like two burnt out bulbs.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Electrical Problems? MKIV GTI Cluster not lighting up HELP! (dennisgli)

i know how to pull the bulbs on the citylight and rear tail, but what about the cluster? how the crap do i remove the bulb for that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.