VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my car has been overheating due to my fan not kickin on. I connected the motor to my battery and both speeds are running. Tested the fan switch connector and found 10V of current on one wire and none on the other. Replaced the fan switch thinking that may be it and still no fan.
A week or so ago I turn the ignition and nothing. Tried a couple more times and then car started. This has happened many times since then. The clock also dims and resets sometimes. Side note: I replaced the ignition switch about a year ago.
Back to fan. Sometimes when it rains the fan would cut off. Now its totally off! Any ideas?
Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Electrical Problems (MkIIIJetta94)

Don't remember.
Now I have noticed when I turn the ignition on then back off, the clock light stays on until I pull the key out. ...And my alarm has gone off twice while key in the ignition.
Say it is the ign switch, but why would this would effect my fan from coming on?

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Re: Electrical Problems (spierce)

if it is the ign switch, the car may be running but it may not "recognize" that the key is in the on position and all the things that are supposed be on would be off; like your fans

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Re: Electrical Problems (Chockomon)

Quote, originally posted by Chockomon »
if it is the ign switch, the car may be running but it may not "recognize" that the key is in the on position and all the things that are supposed be on would be off; like your fans

Like that ^ Ign switches do some ridiculous things sometimes. My old one was bad and it would lock me in the car sometimes. Changed the switch and it fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts