VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Elephantaco's MKVII Golf R Build Thread

So I'm stuck at home recovering from shoulder surgery, with nothing to do but refresh the FAQ and search for parts. So I decided to create a build thread with my entire wishlist of stuff I plan to do if/when I ever get to order my dang car! So here it is.

Car:
  • MKVII Golf R (duh)
  • Tornado Red
  • Manual Transmission
  • DCC / Nav
  • Driver's Assistance Package

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Love a good build thread! Great choices on everything
Thanks! I was inspiring by following you and spblats' build thread. Now if only, I can make it a reality! Any opinions on short shifters? Ive heard the DG one is good but no personal experience.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Thanks! I was inspiring by following you and spblats' build thread. Now if only, I can make it a reality! Any opinions on short shifters? Ive heard the DG one is good but no personal experience.
Glad to hear!

I had the DG For my MK6 R and liked it a lot. Occasionally I got locked out of a few gears though. Others had the same problem, and when they removed the DG, the problem went away. Check out VWR when the time comes. They also made a nice one if I recall.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear!

I had the DG For my MK6 R and liked it a lot. Occasionally I got locked out of a few gears though. Others had the same problem, and when they removed the DG, the problem went away. Check out VWR when the time comes. They also made a nice one if I recall.
Eh, who needs all the gears anyway. Ive also heard good stuff about the neuspeed one but its a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great list- mine will be very similar.
For clearbra, I'm probably getting Expel. I'd like to do the CQuartz as well, but man, that all gets crazy spendy...

I like the way you organized it. I might steal, er borrow your format.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great list- mine will be very similar.
For clearbra, I'm probably getting Expel. I'd like to do the CQuartz as well, but man, that all gets crazy spendy...

I like the way you organized it. I might steal, er borrow your format.
Haha, feel free! It took me a while to get it all pretty, but ended up using this table generator.

Do you like expel? I think I ended up using 3m on my current car but I honestly can't remember.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumbup::thumbup:
Question for you, about the ECS Jackpad adapter set. They seem to be awesome and am debating getting it, as it seems it would make my life a lot easier. But every thread that its ever brought up, its always mentioned that its not actually safe to use a floor jack, since they are only intended for a 4-point floor lift, and doing so will just bend the frame. So I don't know what to think.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts