VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Functionally, door handles are right up there with lug nuts: do a simple job and don't distract from other stylistic elements. But every once in a while, along comes a door handle with function and form.

These are a design statement:

Show me unique or interesting door handles!

·
Registered
34,257 Posts
I couldn't find a good picture, but the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona has always had my favorite door handle.

·
Banned
987 Posts
I don't understand how you open the door if the battery dies. :confused:

And you you cannot with the C7 Corvette. I don't know about other year models, but this gen is all electronic, with an interior mechanical emergency pull in case the electric dies on the car and you're inside.

If you are outside, you have to use a key hole hidden under the rear fascia by the plate light and climb through the hatch lol.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I don't understand how you open the door if the battery dies. :confused:

And how about when the doors are frozen shut...like mine were this morning. I can see the mechanism not liking that very much. When the door handles are coated in ice are they still going to read the hand movement?

Edit: this is regarding the new Continental in the OP.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Miata is always the answer.

When they went to generic handles on the NB it was a damned shame. There's something special about the NA handles.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
And how about when the doors are frozen shut...like mine were this morning. I can see the mechanism not liking that very much. When the door handles are coated in ice are they still going to read the hand movement?
I would assume most Vette owners own a garage.

·
Registered
28,777 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Design cool keyless entry system, leave number pad on B-pillar. :laugh: Do they still have tape decks? :laugh:
You obviously never had these, or you would realize how handy it is to be able to lock your car with the keys inside, as, for example, when you're at the beach... Or if your keys are not nearby, and you need something from the car... :facepalm:

·
Registered
34,783 Posts
do you have a garage are your workplace?

when the high for the day is -4 F, like it is today, parking in a garage at night doesn't solve the problem.
There's still a lot of automotive development in Detroit, and I'm pretty sure it gets cold in Detroit. I bet automakers figure out solutions so they can sell cars in places like the very cities that they design said cars.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts