·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It scares me.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Re: Elise owners, stop letting giants drive your car. (zerind)

Ha, that big fella would need a helmet just driving down the street.
Wonder what someone that big does to the driving dynamics of a car such as an elise?
Chris

·
Banned
1,355 Posts

I'm guessing if you're over 6 feet or 180 lbs, I'm about that, you're going to look pretty dumb in an Elise. I personally felt too big for a Miata and the Elise is smaller.
If you don't fit in the driver's seat, there is no way you'll fit as a passenger. That side is about 2/3 the size of the drivers side.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Re: Elise owners, stop letting giants drive your car. (jackwrx)

Quote, originally posted by jackwrx »
I personally felt too big for a Miata and the Elise is smaller.

Jack,
Get in one before you decide. The Elise is bigger inside than the Miata in terms of Driver Accomodation. The Elise is far more comfortable than an Esprt or NSX even.
I'm 6'3" and fit fine, I was just concerned about how it looked (though I didn't get one because of it would have to be my only car).

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'21 Jeep JTR '12 A4q
18,854 Posts

Quote, originally posted by zerind »

<david spade>fat guy in little car/fat guy in little car

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Hahahahahahaha. Man, those pictures are sweet.
I don't think I'd even try if my head stuck that far out of the roof.
Sadly, most of the time it's the other way around with the cars we typically see in America. Huge car, little old lady.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Re: (98passat21)

I fit in the Elise I "tried on" at the Atlanta motor show last year
but I'm not sure how cool I looked though. Anytime you're either hunched over or your head is sticking out the top of the car you just start looking too much like a dude in a go cart at the local Shriner's parade.
I've got a lot of torso and I'm pretty wide in the shoulders. The steering wheel always felt too low in the Miata and I had to kind of hunch over so the windshield frame didn't feel like it was blocking my view. Also, the seats weren't quite wide enough either. I'm not really fat or a big weighlifter or anything, I just always felt a little too "clownlike."
Don't get me wrong, the Miata was an absolute blast. I just couldn't do it as my only car, which leads me to believe I'm prolly gettin too "old" (actually meaning too whiney) for an Elise as my only car too.
Not trying to keep anyone from either car, just stating my experience with them.

Modified by jackwrx at 10:50 PM 10-18-2004

·
Banned
13,344 Posts

The steering wheel always felt too low in the Miata and I had to kind of hunch over so the windshield frame didn't feel like it was blocking my view.

I removed the sunvisors so I could see...plus you get good neck exercises in at stoplights.
The steering wheel always felt too low in the Miata

You get used to it

Don't get me wrong, the Miata was an absolute blast. I just couldn't do it as my only car, which leads me to believe I'm prolly gettin too "old"

Yes, you probably are

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Re: Elise owners, stop letting giants drive your car. (Hostile)

Quote, originally posted by Hostile »
FINALLY!!! Being 5'7" pays off!!!

I wish I was that tall...

·
Registered
19,480 Posts
Re: (vduBen)

Quote, originally posted by vduBen »

I removed the sunvisors so I could see...plus you get good neck exercises in at stoplights.
You get used to it

Same here..
Removed the sunvisors, now I don't have to duck too often (since I use the hardtop, I don't have the option of looking over the windscreen).
But just wondering how tall that guy in the Elise really is? He must be like 6'6 with a 40 inch inseam. I'm 6'3 / 36inch and the Elise and Miata fit me like a glove. But they aren't incomfortable or "too" small. Just real tight..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.