VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5290 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it was a fun 7 years, but the Cayman has been sold. It has gone to a very good home and will be enjoyed by its new owner.

It's funny to think it was the one constant through so much change. 4 different living accommodations - Apartment, Loft, Condo and House. And 4 different jobs.

Anyway, anyone who's had a car they loved for a long time can probably relate, it's a weird feeling to have it gone.

In its place... something has been ordered and will be arriving in 75 days.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts

Ok, but seriously... hope you enjoy whatever the new ride is. I'm sure we'll be seeing pictures of it microseconds after you take delivery. :laugh:

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
83,155 Posts
This is exactly what I was thinking while reading the thread.
"I got rid of my car... let me show you where it used to be parked..."

Ok, but seriously... hope you enjoy whatever the new ride is. I'm sure we'll be seeing pictures of it microseconds after you take delivery. :laugh:
I think the OP is going to play the "guess what I ordered" game...:rolleyes:
Hopefully it was something interesting. :)

·
Registered
20,646 Posts
I'm definitely calling base 991. Too much looking for used ones, too much critiquing of the 981's looks.

Looking forward to seeing it posted, Hawk.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel your pain Hawk. I sold an E39 I had for 8 years. It was pretty tough to watch it drive away with some other person behind the wheel.
Haha, yup the only thing more personal to sell is a motorcycle. You never really recover from that. :D

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cayman really heavy to leave 4 wells on the driveway. :laugh:
Yeah, or poorly built driveway. Can I just pulls those stones out and add more sand/gravel and put them back in or is it more complicated than that?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yeah, or poorly built driveway. Can I just pulls those stones out and add more sand/gravel and put them back in or is it more complicated than that?
That should work. It can be a pain to get them out.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Canopy for your parking pad?
Tensioned canopy ordered. Will be putting one up this year.

Something like this:

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
I'm definitely calling base 991. Too much looking for used ones, too much critiquing of the 981's looks.

Looking forward to seeing it posted, Hawk.
I'm betting 100 Pesos on a lightly optioned black on black 991 with 7 speed manual. Congrats Hawk! :beer:

1 - 20 of 5290 Posts