VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

3761 - 3780 of 4000 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate, 2017 Miata RF GT
1,525 Posts
I know you mean RRSP/TFSA but there are certainly other investing options aside from those that will earn more than .1% interest
Exactly...it's not like someone magically says "Stop! You cannot invest your money!" once you've maxed out your RRSP and TFSA contribution room. It just won't be a tax deferring or tax-free gains vehicle. Also, depending on how old he is, I would've waited longer before maxing out RRSP. It's smart to keep contribution room for when you hit your peak earning years (typically 40's-50's), as salaries tend to scale exponentially when you move up through the ranks.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
All you guys tossing the S5/S4/RS5whatever options at Hawk when he has PanameraBrain.

I've suffered a terrible case of Panamera Brain a few years back.
Nothing but a Panamera is going to tick the noRegrats box.

I even tossed the RS7 into the ring for good measure.

No P badge
No care

Tell me I'm rong, Hawk.....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,763
All you guys tossing the S5/S4/RS5whatever options at Hawk when he has PanameraBrain. I've suffered a terrible case of Panamera Brain a few years back. Nothing but a Panamera is going to tick the noRegrats box. I even tossed the RS7 into the ring for good measure. No P badge no care. Tell me I'm wrong hawc.
I got the PanameraBrain!!!

No P badge no care!!!

Although a Taycan would work too.

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,385 Posts
All you guys tossing the S5/S4/RS5whatever options at Hawk when he has PanameraBrain.

I've suffered a terrible case of Panamera Brain a few years back.
Nothing but a Panamera is going to tick the noRegrats box.

I even tossed the RS7 into the ring for good measure.

No P badge
No care

Tell me I'm rong, Hawk.....

Because it's cheaper, and I would also imagine it's cheaper to insure and will depreciate less
RS5 looks way better than a base Panamera
It actually fits in his garageless roof
I would imagine it's more fun to drive as well

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You keep coming back to logic, in a Hawk thread.

there is no cure for PanameraBrain.

No Pcar
No care

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,487 Posts
Here's how this thread is going to go. We're going to continue going back and forth with Hawk for the next ~25 years. Hawk will continue to claim to want the next new hot sedan/CUV/SUV and still buy nothing in that time. Until one day he posts that he ended up buying a vintage Cayman to satiate the nostalgia that started to form at the beginning of this thread when he first got rid of the Cayman. The rusted out metal carcass of Golf R will continue on as the daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Golf R, 2020 Cayman T
2,927 Posts
I got the PanameraBrain!!!

No P badge no care!!!

Although a Taycan would work too.
You can get big money off a Taycan right now if you want one of those. We're doing everything we can to blow out the ones we've got in stock.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,769
You can get big money off a Taycan right now if you want one of those. We're doing everything we can to blow out the ones we've got in stock.
Good to know. I'd be very interested in Taycan. What 's the lowest priced Taycan 4S you've got?

Why aren't people buying them.

·
Registered
18,450 Posts
Also, depending on how old he is, I would've waited longer before maxing out RRSP. It's smart to keep contribution room for when you hit your peak earning years (typically 40's-50's), as salaries tend to scale exponentially when you move up through the ranks.
I don't think you typed that the way you were thinking it.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,771
Depending on how old hawc is, I would've waited longer before maxing out RRSP. It's smart to keep contribution room for when you hit your peak earning years (typically 40's-50's), as salaries tend to scale exponentially when you move up through the ranks.
hawc old. hawc at (or past) peak earning potential. hawc waited long enough. 🍺

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,146 Posts
Why aren't people buying them.
It's a high price point, if EV is the main thing you're after Tesla may be better, Porsche fans typically coincide with ICE fans, there's more interesting cars at the dealership, etc.

I knew they were sitting but I didn't realize they were discounting. I though they were sitting because dealers aren't. Now I'm interested in one lol.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,773
Still want the
Exactly...it's not like someone magically says "Stop! You cannot invest your money!" once you've maxed out your RRSP and TFSA contribution room. It just won't be a tax deferring or tax-free gains vehicle.
What's the next best place to put money after maxing out RRSP and TFSA. I hate being taxed on my investments. Feels untoward.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,774
It's a high price point, if EV is the main thing you're after Tesla may be better, Porsche fans typically coincide with ICE fans, there's more interesting cars at the dealership, etc.

I knew they were sitting but I didn't realize they were discounting. I though they were sitting because dealers aren't. Now I'm interested in one lol.
This was at my local dealership! 😮

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
drive one Hawk, see how the kiddo seats go in.
the guy across the street picks up his 5 year old and it's a process for him.
super nice.
I think I prefer the shape of the Panamera, but if you are buying - EV is the way of the future, I just don't know if a first gen Taycan is the best choice 'today'.

I have 33 months before choosing an EV..... tick tock.

·
Registered
2016 GTI
3,114 Posts
Still want the

What's the next best place to put money after maxing out RRSP and TFSA. I hate being taxed on my investments. Feels untoward.
Max out your wife's tax-free account.

RE: Taycan, unboxtherapy did a high quality video of his Taycan. I thought it was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
42,844 Posts
Not the case here at least. Taycans are beating 911 Cayster and Panamera sales combined, I remember reading.

I know Vancouver is littered with them.
It seems those that wanted them have them now. I see them pretty often here as well, but when I went to a local dealership, I was surprised they had so many sitting. It's not the first time I've read someone saying that they arent flying off the dealership lots as they were originally.

3761 - 3780 of 4000 Posts