VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

4001 - 4020 of 5346 Posts

·
Registered
Model 3P, AP2 S2K, 981 Boxster S
3,641 Posts
Ouch fellas. For the record, I really want @Hawk to buy a Frozen Berry Metallic Taycan in whatever flavor he can get up there. Was watching the record Cannonball run with it last night and I'm very impressed by the car.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I watched that video too. All 2-hours of it. It was very interesting.
I would almost put an asterisk on that attempt. They had the Electrify America CEO on speed dial and their engineering team check every charger ahead of time? Plus all the Porsche support? I've never heard of a more corporate-sponsored attempt

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,100 Posts
I would almost put an asterisk on that attempt. They had the Electrify America CEO on speed dial and their engineering team check every charger ahead of time? Plus all the Porsche support? I've never heard of a more corporate-sponsored attempt
But the chargers still didn't work!

And the Porsche's GPS didn't either :)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
But the chargers still didn't work!

And the Porsche's GPS didn't either :)
Yea its nuts. This got me thinking though. There is no solo EV record. Could I make one? How feasible is it that i drive solo for 45 hours taking 20-40 min cat naps the whole way? It's more of a physical achievement that driving achievement.

Link to a route

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,100 Posts
Yea its nuts. This got me thinking though. There is no solo EV record. Could I make one? How feasible is it that i drive solo for 45 hours taking 20-40 min cat naps the whole way? It's more of a physical achievement that driving achievement.

Link to a route
I suppose if you could sleep during the charging sessions it would be possible.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,010
Man, so I'm watching Tesla video after Tesla video trying to get all hyped up to buy one and then I stumble on this quality review of a brand new 2021...

And I'm just like, man... they still can't hang a door properly or put a trunk on properly.

But then maybe it's looking at a Playboy and getting mad about spelling mistakes. I dunno....

It just all comes back to I look at the car and it just does not look like an $86,000CDN (tax included) car. It looks like an Accord.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Man, so I'm watching Tesla video after Tesla video trying to get all hyped up to buy one and then I stumble on this quality review of a brand new 2021...

And I'm just like, man... they still can't hang a door properly or put a trunk on properly.

But then maybe it's looking at a Playboy and getting mad about spelling mistakes. I dunno....

It just all comes back to I look at the car and it just does not look like an $86,000CDN (tax included) car. It looks like an Accord.
Don’t insult Accords. I like the newest one especially when they had the 2.0T sport with a 6MT

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
It looks much worse than an Accord. But, you would have a warm ass immediately upon entering. Apparently that is very important.
Are we forgetting that the Model 3 P is actually fast AF? Go buy a ES350 for fit and finish. Buy a Model 3 for smiles. But we all know, 2021 will come and go and Hawk will have made no moves. :cool:

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,015
I may buy a Tesla Model 3 Performance. I just have to get around the fit and finish, and the fact it's not German and the fact that emotionally the brand means nothing to me. However, here's the big question would you say it's more fun than a Golf R?

·
Premium Member
43,437 Posts

mean while every 991/981 porsche has warping door panels. but thats ok

·
Registered
993 Posts
Are we forgetting that the Model 3 P is actually fast AF? Go buy a ES350 for fit and finish. Buy a Model 3 for smiles. But we all know, 2021 will come and go and Hawk will have made no moves. :cool:
Am I the only one who cares if cars are fast AF? Both of my cars are already too fast to really exploit on public roads. Give me something involving and fun, I don't care about sickness inducing acceleration.

·
Registered
993 Posts
mean while every 991/981 porsche has warping door panels. but thats ok
While this is a lousy issue, it's different than the Tesla problems IMO. The door panels didn't start warping until years of heat exposure from what I know of the issue. It's not like poor panel fit, bumpers falling off, glass exploding etc.

4001 - 4020 of 5346 Posts