VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

5301 - 5317 of 5317 Posts

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,690 Posts
With respect Jimmy,
The adhesion for 365 Canadian day conditions even in Ontario on the high end film is surprising.
Not so much the adhesion but little marks it will get from rocks, and scratches and what not in it. It's not as robust as clear coat and not as easy to fix either.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,302
Now I'm even wondering about maybe not doing the red calipers. I know it's the thing to do when you've got huge calipers. But might look even classier not to.

·
25,019 Posts
Question... since I've never wrapped anything. Do wrapped trim pieces 'look wrapped'? Or are they indistinguishable for painted OEM parts? I just don't know how good wrapping is these days? Maybe it's amazing.
This is vinyl. All of it. Even the side blades.
A1459ECB-C002-49E1-A8BE-3354C2578E8C.jpeg

You want to do it ‘right’ and paint it, fine, but your talking about some small bumper trim, why would you go through the cost, the hassle, and the risk (of disassembling a new car). When you could probably have it wrapped multiple times. Gets rock chips? Tear it off an redo. Don’t like it anymore? Tear it off and redo. I get that you like to overanalyze and complicate things but this is a no brainer.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,305
Thanks guys. 🍺

·
Registered
609 Posts
Now I'm even wondering about maybe not doing the red calipers. I know it's the thing to do when you've got huge calipers. But might look even classier not to.
You've gone for the murdered out look and you're worried about class? That ship has sailed. If you want class, get blue with the silver trim.

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,308
I guess I'm trapped in the past, but I remember a neighbour had this car. And I just loved the brushed aluminum accents against the black paint. When I saw it at the Toronto Auto Show that year i was blown away. To me that is iconic Audi RS.

The current all black look? Meh, that's current BMW styles or AMG. I feel like Audi brushed aluminum accents is just a little class and more sophistication.

Maybe I'll leave the order as is, with the option to wrap the pieces later if so desired.

Reactions: oidoglr

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,309
Black wheels on a black car also always give me a strong Knight Rider vibe.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The only thing I never liked was the silver side mirror caps.

Chrome is (y) for trim and definitely silver for wheels.

and Red calipers without hesitation

I guess I'm trapped in the past, but I remember a neighbour had this car. And I just loved the brushed aluminum accents against the black paint. When I saw it at the Toronto Auto Show that year i was blown away. To me that is iconic Audi RS.

The current all black look? Meh, that's current BMW styles or AMG. I feel like Audi brushed aluminum accents is just a little class and more sophistication.

Maybe I'll leave the order as is, with the option to wrap the pieces later if so desired.

View attachment 71829

View attachment 71830

View attachment 71831

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,690 Posts

View attachment 71829

View attachment 71830

View attachment 71831

Well, those are some big shoes to fill. That car is beautiful.

The car you have ordered is way better than the all black wheels, IMO.

·
Registered
16,325 Posts

yeah, brushed aluminum trim is iconic Audi RS.

·
Premium Member
43,419 Posts
my goodness hawk. mirror caps are cheap and easy to swap. buy the car w/ the black optics and the wheels you like. vs wrapping a car. then just change the mirror caps. or get the car w/ the black wheels, sell them and or find someone to trade with the ones you like. its ****ing easy to swap wheels and mirrors more so than trim pieces and dealing with wraps that will eventually wear out and isnt cheap to have done properly.

5301 - 5317 of 5317 Posts