VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2017 VW Beetle Dune
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Ne....html
I know not really new news, but it was in the local paper here.
The Talbotville plant where they are produced, although not officially stated as to be closed, does not have any product after the line stops making the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car.
One interesting note in the article:
Ford is already offering the Taurus as a replacement for its fleet taxi and police cruiser sales
Has anyone seen any Taurus cop cars?
However, when the '10 Taurus comes out, yeah, that will make a beautiful cop car. Especially in black and white.

·
Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,008 Posts
Re: End of the line for Ford Crown Victoria: 2011 (marknuck311)

Have not seen any new Tauruses yet.
Quote, originally posted by marknuck311 »
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Ne....html
I know not really new news, but it was in the local paper here.
The Talbotville plant where they are produced, although not officially stated as to be closed, does not have any product after the line stops making the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car.
One interesting note in the article:
Ford is already offering the Taurus as a replacement for its fleet taxi and police cruiser sales
Has anyone seen any Taurus cop cars?
However, when the '10 Taurus comes out, yeah, that will make a beautiful cop car. Especially in black and white.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: (kraut_pauer79)

Well I guess you'll be seeing a lot more Dodge Chargers as police cars. Mopar will return to being the top cop car, like they were back in the the good 'ol days of the 60's and 70's. Wonder what Chevy is planning....

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Re: (LANZADJUST)

Seems odd to stop it, the crown vic is iconic as a cop car these days. Plus North American cops won't want to switch to FWD, so I'm guessing the charger will reign supreme!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: (stacman)

Quote, originally posted by stacman »
Seems odd to stop it, the crown vic is iconic as a cop car these days. Plus North American cops won't want to switch to FWD, so I'm guessing the charger will reign supreme!

Right when I got used to recognizing the lights on those bad boys, CMPD starts to change to Impalas, Chargers and murdered-out Tahoe's.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Oh bother. There go my most righteous plans to buy a brand spanking new 40th anniversary Floridian Ultimate Unlimited Premium Platinum Gold Presidential Palm Beach Edition Grand Marquis with the fuggin' boss landau roof just a scant ten years from now.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Re: End of the line for Ford Crown Victoria: 2011 (LANZADJUST)

I hate seeing new impalas and intrepids as cop cars, they look like mall security. police cars are supposed to look tough, which is why the chargers look pretty badass in police livery.
Quote, originally posted by hartmandrew »
Now give us:

It IS called the "INTERCEPTOR concept" after all...

QFT

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Re: End of the line for Ford Crown Victoria: 2011 (whitejeep1989)

Quote, originally posted by whitejeep1989 »
Have not seen any new Taurii yet.

Fixed.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

so its this /\ or this \/

Modified by NHDUBN#2 at 1:58 PM 7-8-2009

Modified by NHDUBN#2 at 1:59 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
26,117 Posts

Well, if Ford closes Twin City plant as originally scheduled, Talbotville should be the front runner for the new T5 Ranger pickup and Bronco SUV.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.