VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
a dentist nearby has a really nice dark green fastback. Its one of my favorite mustangs by far :thumbup:

·
Banned
7,189 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup: Awesome job.

I love pre 70's Mustangs:beer:

·
Registered
83,604 Posts
Nice.
The wheel/tire combo seem to be modern large without being "too much"- which unfortunately seems to be the trend with most resto-mod projects.

·
12,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. im working on getting all the pictures of the build together.

wheels are 17x8, they are the "resto-mod" style but thats really what we were going for. i personally love the look.

next up were doing the shelby a-arm drop and power steering. its kind of a never ending project.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Loving the wheels! Are those American Racing Torque Thrust IIs or the Torque Thrust mustang wheels, whatever they're called? I plan on throwing a set of Torque Thrust Ds or Torque Thrust IIs on my cougar myself.

This is what I think of when I think mustang fast back, and I think this rear design is the worst!

Yours is my favorite tail end design. I thought there was another name for that one. Like coupe fast back or something, but a quick google search found nothing. I know there's coupe and fast back for sure, but I could have sworn there was another name for your styling. Maybe not...

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Loving the wheels! Are those American Racing Torque Thrust IIs or the Torque Thrust mustang wheels, whatever they're called? I plan on throwing a set of Torque Thrust Ds or Torque Thrust IIs on my cougar myself.
They look like Bullitt wheels or Bullitt replicas (off of the 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt). They came 17x8 stock on that car (I had one).

·
12,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
There is a grille. Just the honey comb one. Bad lighting in that shot. And it doesn't have the horse emblem yet. The wheels are a knock off bullitt wheel. Great quality. Really love them. And it is just a fastback. There were three models coupe vert and fastback. None other.

edit: there isnt a grille in that shot. but there is one now. when i get the pictures from today ill put the build stuff up also.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Alltrak SEL, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,392 Posts
That is an awesome car, good work sir. Back in college I dated a girl who went out and bought a 1967 fastback that was a total Flinstone mobile and we spent the better part of two years (and about $15k) in resto-mods for the car. They are probably one of my favorite body shapes of the era.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts