VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just put the car up for sale, so I wanted to finaly show off my handy work before it is gone. This took a fair amount of work and alot of
. Then when I finished I sat back and
. Tell me what you guys think of the work.
And the only wire that was cut and extended was the coolant res wire.
I do have a question though. My last bumper was cut up for a front mount so I got a new one and was not told it was a non fog bumper. Where can I get the brackets to hold the fogs in this bumper, if I even can?

Modified by vwboost at 10:13 PM 4-19-2010

Modified by vwboost at 10:23 PM 4-19-2010

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Re: (ricecart)

Thats kind of cool. May be a silly question but where is your battery? Trunk?
As for the bumper the brackets are built in to it. If its a pre-facelift bump and you have a facelift car it may not even fit.

Modified by thepirate at 4:27 AM 4/20/2010

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (thepirate)

Yes the battery is in the trunk. The bumper fits fine I just want to figure a way to fit the fogs to it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (vwboost)

Any more thoughts from anyone on the look or what could have been done different?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
start thinking of small things, like the fact that all of the hose clamp adjusters are visual. rotate them so they are further out of view.
Adding aluminum rod to wire and hose that are visible and then taping them or covering them can also help get the perfect look.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
actually yeah. some people do relocate with an odyssey drycell to underneath the passenger seats because the battery can be on it's side.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

the fogs pit but you have to make sheetmetal clips. to mount. about 1" wide and they mount up. i did some in 15 minutes,(semi-hack) never went back and "fixed" them i have not picked up grills for them either.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (jrodmk2)

I have the grills for the fogs from my first bumper so I will make something tonight

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I just sold the car to my brother so there will be a newbie on here in the next few weeks posting pics and asking questions. I am happy I sold it to him because I can still work on it and keep it in the family and he wants me to do all the customizing that I had planned which I am excited about.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Re: (King666)

cool setup. Any issues arising with the coolant res. in the rain tray?
and i'm pretty sure those spots where the fogs go are a different shape... Maybe I'm wrong though. I seem to remember someone going from fogs to no fogs, but also that the hole shapes are different. There might be some finer details that allow it to work one way or the other.

Quote, originally posted by King666 »
Did this **** awhile ago. Battery is in the trunk. Where else would it be, the passenger seat?

dude are you from the mk4 forums? go be a douche there

Modified by gli_ryan at 9:05 PM 4-29-2010

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (gli_ryan)

I have had no issues with the coolant res, I had to drill a hole and use a plastic conector because I could not find the perfect gromet and did not want the hose to get messed up. The 02 wiring, the coil pack harness, the electical that goes to the passenger side of the bay, and plug on the very back of the engine to the coolant thing are all run through the drain under the coolant res. All other wires are ran thru a hole that is capped off on the left about 1" to the left of the brake res. The fuel harness was seperated and ran under the intake as seen in the picture. And the holes that dont match for the grills are the holes that hold it in. I figured it out and am making some brackets to hold the lights and the grill in.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Where would a good place be to move the steering res to?
you can hid it on the side of a frame rail. moving it really isnt a big deal just need to run the hose

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread. i dont really understand where all the wires and harnesses were moved and hidden at. thanks:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts