VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new (to me) MK3 GTI with VR6. The CEL is on and the codes are P0103 (Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ High Input) and P1127 (Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Rich). Could these have to do with the aftermarket short ram intake being on the car instead of the stock air intake? If not what else could be triggering the issue?

My other problem is the car leaks out all of the coolant. I can see on the bulb and below it signs of coolant leaking there, and I know I have to replace that, but could ALL of the coolant leak out through the bulb? I'm not talking mostly empty the bulb is completely empty, no coolant whatsoever.

Thanks
~Josh

· Banned
1,573 Posts
Are they two different websites? Check with part numbers. 1stvwparts.com can hook you up.

The ecu auto adjust for the larger flow (slightly larger :rolleyes:) of air with more fuel. This will not make you rich. They do not throw codes. I would not know where to start on those codes :(

You don't want to run her rich if it really is. Garage her until you get the parts.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the car is sitting until I can keep the coolant in anyways so...

The strange thing is it doesn't have any of those rich running symptoms, It ran just fine in the hour and a half drive to my house. I'm wondering if the code just wasn't cleared a while back and the PO just didn't bother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.