VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Kia Telluride SX, '17 Mazda CX-5, '07 Airstream Safari SE 23'
11,181 Posts
Re: engine damage and oil changes (maskedSONY)

quote:[HR][/HR]the engine runs fine without doing it at the regular time interval and that its a gimmic to make ppl spend money. [HR][/HR]​
Sheer genius - obviously it's fine because it still runs. By the same logic, I can eat all of the pork rinds I want because my heart is still pumping....
I wouldn't want to see what the upper end of that engine looks like....
A few years ago we did a big project on motor oil, using a fleet of NYC cabs. We found that there was little difference in varnish and wear from going 6000 mile intervals rather than 3000 mile intervals. In other words, follow the manufacturer's intervals, and you should be fine. That said, I don't know what to make of BMW/MBz/etc service intervals that extend to 10k or until the service indicator light comes on....
Tom

·
Registered
'20 Kia Telluride SX, '17 Mazda CX-5, '07 Airstream Safari SE 23'
11,181 Posts
Re: engine damage and oil changes (Crazyquik)

quote:[HR][/HR]Of course a lot of people think its a superior engine simply because it goes 10k+ between oil changes
[HR][/HR]​
LOL. The one thing that works for BMW and Porsche is that they have huge oil capacities, so maybe the oil is less taxed. Still, 10k on the first fill? Yikes....
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.