VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I got a 1983 Rabbit GTI with a G60 conversion about a month ago and it was running happily and strong until it started raining over here... Now I can never be sure where or when the engine is going to stop working... It is running ok until you hear some sort of "click" from the digifant unit and the engine dies (lights stay on, starter works but rev counter goes down to zero even though letting the car roll further with an engaged gear…) After a few (never more than 5) minutes, it can be started again and everything is ok 'til the next time! The engine management unit is attached to the body shell through a nut and bolt, which I doubt allow for a proper ground connection. But maybe luckily enough, the ground strap from the bonnet rests on the unit!?!? Is the digifant unit probably missing ground?? Should it be grounded?? Has anyone any other idea as to what the problem could be??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Re: Engine dies! (kflip)

While changing my chip in my G60 Passat, I cleaned my ECU grounding points.
Since then, the hesitation problem has completely gone away (when it used to be constant).
Ground that thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.