VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for long read

Hello i need some help on where to look and possible solutions on my mk5 gti 2.0 fsi. (codes in pic, leak sounds like its somewhere in the circled area)

First things first when i got the car it had a lot of problems, cracked turbo, coolant leaking into engine/blown head gasket. Since then i had all that fixed. Turbo Replacement was first. Anyways I just got the car back 2 weeks ago after it was being worked on in good condition. Unfortunately the first day of test driving the exhaust manifold flange literally snapped off. Took it to my mechanic (whos pretty much ignoring me now) he "fixed it" right away. Fine i got it back, then after 1 DAY check engine light came on, obd said to replace diverter valve, gave my mechanic a call and said it was no big deal, he was messing with some wires. Okay after that i wasn't worried, im gonna mention now that i drive my gti only in the canyons so yes im pushing this car. As i was just finishing a run (in the canyons) i parked my car and let it chill for 30 mins after that i turned it on and it started idling weird so i turned it off which made almost like a deep squeaking sound. I turned it back on and heard a loud airleak. Since then all i did was drive it 20 mins home and parked it.

I didn't notice any power loss btw.

Basically what I need it some pointers of where to look. I know generic places like hoses, dv valve, etc. But i mean specifically where.

or maybe some of you know exactly what might be the issue just by looking at the codes. Anything helps really.

Luxxi#2671 is my discord incase anyone is willing to help me so its easier

I changed my spark plugs myself since this problem, nothing happened.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Clear all the codes and rescan and see what comes back. The picture is showing the front vacuum pipe for the brake booster make sure it is not cracked/split and that the rear vacuum pipe to booster is the same and the pipe that connects them on the side of engine is Ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts