VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cars currently got about 107,000 km on it, and not to long ago the engine light p2681 turned on. having a hard time finding information about what the problem could be, or even the estimated cost would be to repair this issue. would like to have a little bit of info before going to a mechanic or dealer to get this checked out.

no coolant leak and coolant lvl is perfect, car is running hot but at a steady temp and seems to not get hotter and hotter it just runs at a steady high temp with the backup fans running.

any info would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn 6MT
2,222 Posts
my cars currently got about 107,000 km on it, and not to long ago the engine light p2681 turned on. having a hard time finding information about what the problem could be...

I can't vouch for accuracy, but this says that code is "Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Control Circuit/Open"

·
Registered
435 Posts
my cars currently got about 107,000 km on it, and not to long ago the engine light p2681 turned on. having a hard time finding information about what the problem could be, or even the estimated cost would be to repair this issue. would like to have a little bit of info before going to a mechanic or dealer to get this checked out.

no coolant leak and coolant lvl is perfect, car is running hot but at a steady temp and seems to not get hotter and hotter it just runs at a steady high temp with the backup fans running.

any info would be helpful thanks.
Curious. How do you know it is running hot? We don't have a functional coolant temp gauge. (The gauge reads 194°F, right?)

After a quick internet search, I found another person with the same code. He topped off his coolant reservoir and the code disappeared. Worth trying?

·
Registered
232 Posts

I can't vouch for accuracy, but this says that code is "Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Control Circuit/Open"
I really hope that's accessible from the hood and not inside where the entire inside is disassembled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts