VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My r had its engine light come on 3 times. I assumed the first time it was a gas cap not being tightened but it wasn’t. They initially mentioned it was a battery voltage problem but later when I gave it in again as the light came on for the 3rd time, they told me they found out an issue with the intake manifold.
my car has about 9000kms on it and an intake issue already?Car is obviously covered for the next 5-6 years so they ordered the part and fixed it but i warned them that if the car continues to have issues I’ll have it claim it as a lemon car and demand a new one. So now they are taking extra care for it as it should’ve been in the first place. Considering there is a recall for all the cooling parts in the car and now an intake problem? Wowzers.

· Registered
1,280 Posts
At best they'll buy back the car. There aren't any "new one"s to demand.

· Registered
'08 A4 Avant, '09 A4, '16 R, '18 Atlas
517 Posts
Air intake manifold problems are a known quantity. My A4 had to have intake replaced because of a stuck flap inside...and you cannot simply buy a flap. There was only "1" in stock between US and Canada, so thankfully fixed in just a couple of weeks.

In order for lemon laws to apply, it has to be the same problem showing itself 3x.

My 2009 A4 had several different problems (replace upper control arms, intake manifold, power steering hose, pcv valve, cabin blower motor) show up under warranty but wasn't eligible for dealer buyback.

· Registered
23 Golf R - PW Manual
1,951 Posts
I have bought multiple model year cars and never had this many issues like this one. As for the OP, good luck!
Are they repetitive issues? That's the nature of lemon laws, generally in the US, if you have the same issue addressed three times and get no resolution, you're able to file for lemon law. If you have one problem and start making noise about it, you just sound like someone that's heard a term, but doesn't actually know what it means.

Is it fun having a CEL come on in a new car? Of course not. I feel for the OP and it does sound like the dealer has been less than diligent. I also realize tone is hard to accurately read on the internet, so maybe I over reacted. I also bash on dealers frequently here, so I'm just crabby on a rainy Friday, carry on.

· Registered
23 Golf R - PW Manual
1,951 Posts
Golf MK8 was release in Dec 2019 in Europe and Dec 2020 for the Golf R.
Every post in this thread has a Canadian or US flag by the poster, so the car came out as a 2022 model year, and checking the calendar...

It's 2022.

In theory at least, our cars have a different tune, no GPF, less power, etc. So first model year for all of that, regardless of when the brie, stilton and muenster crowd got theirs.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are they repetitive issues? That's the nature of lemon laws, generally in the US, if you have the same issue addressed three times and get no resolution, you're able to file for lemon law. If you have one problem and start making noise about it, you just sound like someone that's heard a term, but doesn't actually know what it means.

Is it fun having a CEL come on in a new car? Of course not. I feel for the OP and it does sound like the dealer has been less than diligent. I also realize tone is hard to accurately read on the internet, so maybe I over reacted. I also bash on dealers frequently here, so I'm just crabby on a rainy Friday, carry on.
They had the check engine light come on in the show room before I bought it and didn’t tell me. It happened 3 times after the first one so I’d say it’s repetitive as well.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still waiting, but owned a number of VWs and Audis.
Sure so when you get a golf r and the issues start piling up come and tell me if you’re ok with it because it’s a “1st gen”. Keep in mind problems do happen for first gen, I’m not denying that but to make it seem like I’m an idiot for being annoyed and concerned is lame. My girl bought a 2021 Toyota Camry which is known for its reliability and within 30 km’s it’s engine literally blew up. Tldr she now has the TRD Camry 2022 that they gave her because of what she went through. If you have issues with your car, never be afraid to push the dealership. They aren’t your friends. Having worked in dealerships I can confirm they want your money and also want to save money regardless of how or what you are dealing with.

· Registered
55 Posts
Good luck with the lemon law - it’s going to take a much larger/repetitive issue than what has been described. I’m sure the dealer would be happy to take yours back and have you wait a year or so for a new one. I’m sure it is frustrating. Maybe try a different dealer that will correctly fix the issue.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck with the lemon law - it’s going to take a much larger/repetitive issue than what has been described. I’m sure the dealer would be happy to take yours back and have you wait a year or so for a new one. I’m sure it is frustrating. Maybe try a different dealer that will correctly fix the issue.
It happened 3 times after I got it and it actually also happened in the show room. They didn’t inform me of this so they have a lot of explaining to do.

· Registered
828 Posts
My r had its engine light come on 3 times. I assumed the first time it was a gas cap not being tightened but it wasn’t. They initially mentioned it was a battery voltage problem but later when I gave it in again as the light came on for the 3rd time, they told me they found out an issue with the intake manifold.
my car has about 9000kms on it and an intake issue already?Car is obviously covered for the next 5-6 years so they ordered the part and fixed it but i warned them that if the car continues to have issues I’ll have it claim it as a lemon car and demand a new one. So now they are taking extra care for it as it should’ve been in the first place. Considering there is a recall for all the cooling parts in the car and now an intake problem? Wowzers.
Foolish.
Warranty has NOTHING to do with MILES.
Warranty is because of assembly error.
All cars have the most problems right from the beginning and have fewer problems over time, once the assembly errors are caught and fixed.

Demanding a new car AFTER you have already found and fixed the assembly problems is silly because then you have to start all over again to find all the different assembly problems with the new car.
Anyone who thinks there has ever been a car without a single assembly mistake, is foolish.

· Registered
828 Posts
I have bought multiple model year cars and never had this many issues like this one. As for the OP, good luck!
What "this many issues"?
Hardly anything at all was mentioned.
The CEL cause was not even mentioned.
No significant problem has been described at all.
Instead is just seems like extremely inappropriate whining, as if some how they expect cars put together from thousands of parts on a moving assembly line, to be perfect.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts