VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the front mount any day now. Bow-wow has quoted me 130$ for hydraulic and 65$ for rubber. They say the rubber one sucks but i thought i read in here that the it was the one to get.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: engine mounts - what kind should i get (netwerk)

If it helps any....
I recently replaced the rear engine mount on my friends 2000 golf 1.8t with an "upgraded" one. Sure the engine didn't rock back and forth, but his steering wheel, dashboard, and foot wells now vibrate a lot. No thanks... I will take stock replacements any day.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Re: engine mounts - what kind should i get (Ken93P-GLX)

You have a 16v wagon and they tell you the rubber one sucks compared to the hydraulic?
RUN!!!!!!!!!
Get the rubber one and change the rear one to rubber as well (Golf/Jetta II). They complement each other and work together. I swear by this combo, and it adds only a small amount of additional vibration.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: engine mounts - what kind should i get (Bahnburner)

Quote, originally posted by Bahnburner »
You have a 16v wagon and they tell you the rubber one sucks compared to the hydraulic?
RUN!!!!!!!!!
Get the rubber one and change the rear one to rubber as well (Golf/Jetta II). They complement each other and work together. I swear by this combo, and it adds only a small amount of additional vibration.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif What he said. I bought a cheap silicone filled mount from a local parts shop for the front and ripped it in 6 months. I then went to the dealership and bought their OEM mount, which looked meatier, and was deffinately all rubber. Apparently its for an auto trany car even though I have a manual. Any way it worked great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.