VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a few large part orders through from a few vendors... and now I am at a small one... are the cabriolet and mk1 engine mounts the same? if so I'm going to pick up a kit with all 4 mounts for $40... let me know so I can finish my spending spree

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I love BFI. they've always been helpful and have great prices at shows. They make a good dogbone kit too for us mkiv owners :D

One question, is there any benefit for daily drivers to get the polyurethane mounts?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I buy stuff from them all the time, and ecstuning, and mjmautohaus.... and I've never had a single problem with any of them.

·
Registered
21,957 Posts
Yes, oil, brake fluid, antifreeze leaks wont eat up the poly mounts and last 10x longer !!!
That is true, but a poly mount can Vibrate the Hell out of the engine. Poly mounts do cause excessive vibration, and when they do go bad which they will Poly crumbles to a dust like a Art Gum Eraser.

·
Registered
818 Posts
...One question, is there any benefit for daily drivers to get the polyurethane mounts?
Benefit? A m-u-c-h harsher ride. The poly mounts transfer, rather than absorb, operational vibrations as the OEM-style rubber mounts are designed to do.

I just replaced my 24-year-old rubber primary motor mounts with new rubber mounts, plus trans and front. Dashboard quit buzzing and the rearview mirror cleared up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.