VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be a stupid question...

I live in Portland, OR, and we're surrounded by the worst wildfires Oregon has seen in some time. We're most likely safe from evacuation here but the air quality is "Very Unhealthy" AirNow.gov Air Quality - Portland, OR.

Obviously, an engine works off of thousands of tiny explosions. My question is: does air quality affect performance? Can poor air going into the engine do any damage, besides some possible air filter issues?

This picture is from 8:30am yesterday and the skies look even crazier today. I’m sure some of you in CA are much more use to this, but the lighting is surreal. If it wasn’t a stupid idea, I’d definitely go out for a drive to get some really cool pictures.

·
Registered
653 Posts
This may be a stupid question...

I live in Portland, OR, and we're surrounded by the worst wildfires Oregon has seen in some time. We're most likely safe from evacuation here but the air quality is "Very Unhealthy" AirNow.gov Air Quality - Portland, OR.

Obviously, an engine works off of thousands of tiny explosions. My question is: does air quality affect performance? Can poor air going into the engine do any damage, besides some possible air filter issues?
Change your air filter and oil more frequently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts