VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi men

I have a problem with my golf mk2 KR engine since I washed it 10 days ago, the problem is :

1-engine start well but when i rise RPM up to 5 or 6 it run with sound like 3 cylinder and engine start to stop even when I push with the fuel pedal ... no effect
2- when car walking.. it walk with maximum RPM 3, 10 min. or two streets and goes like 3 cylinder and no effect with fuel pedal and stop, I give it a min. and start again and so on.

I have checked the following :
-Vacuum pipes.
-hosing
-Fuel pumps.
-Fuel pressure.
-Electric wires and cables.
-ignition distributor.
-Digifant

May it be the fuel distributor!!
Is it can be fix!!

- I use white fuel dist. which it run with ignition control

Any one faced a problem like this....
Any suggestions...

Please advice

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doesnt any one can help me with this issue ...
Since I wached my hood the engine make sound like 3 cylinder with high rev or over 5000 RPM.... also while am driving I cant arrive 4000 RPM also it stop every 10 min. its drive me crazy :sly: :confused:

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
It's difficult to understand what the problem is.

You say that it runs like a 3 cylinder but everything is ok. If it was ok, it would not run like 3 cylinder. So everything is not ok and you should start over.

I would start to find out which cylinder is not working. Once you find out which cylinder it is, spend your time on that cylinder. Does it have spark? How's the spark plug? What's the gap? How's the fuel spray pattern on the injector? What about vacuum leaks?

Do no say it's ok if you have not tested it. What tests have you done to determine if it is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts