VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, well im about to drive the first 1000 miles in my first bought cars and im already running into troubles.
Today while braking to a streetlight, the engine stalled. I tried to turn the car on but the motor wont start, although it made the sound of "trying to start", so its not a dead battery so to say.
I pushed the car and only this way it started, once it did, the EPC error came up, and the motor would idle at 1,100RPM always.
I drove some blocks, turned the engine off, waited 1 minute and started it on again, everything as normal, no EPC and idle at 750rpm. I have tried to replicate the error to find whats wrong but the car has worked well since that the whole day.
Any idea? I'm having some trouble to get VagCom to work lol so i dont have any codes to post sorry.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the difference in idle could be because the car is warmed up. get the vag-com running to tell if anything has been working wrong.
"trying to start" may be a dead battery still. is it turning over or just making noises?
sounds like you were driving a manual and forgot to push the clutch in.

Modified by AMU at 2:51 PM 3-10-2008

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: (jettaturbokid30)

My wife's passat did the exact same thing. It would just randomly turn off while she was driving. the engine speed sensor is the ground for the fuel pump, so when it starts going bad, it randomly stops fueling the motor. Once I replaced it, no problems since. It's really easy too, just one bolt and you're done. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: (drrob1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by drrob1.8t »
My wife's passat did the exact same thing. It would just randomly turn off while she was driving. the engine speed sensor is the ground for the fuel pump, so when it starts going bad, it randomly stops fueling the motor. Once I replaced it, no problems since. It's really easy too, just one bolt and you're done. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Did you have to reset the ECU and CEL light, after installing the sensor with VAG-COM tool?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (jettaturbokid30)

Hi sry!,
Yeah i went to VW Store and bought a new sensor, costed like 70dlls.
It worked after that without any problem.
The CEL went off by itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.