VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this issue ?

2010 Passat 2.0T gasoline, DSG

I haven't found any posts in the archives.

I had a running hot problem and after I replaced the oil cooler and fixed the cooling problem this is the new one that surfaced.

The code that is being thrown is P117A

I am getting oil pooling on top of the valve cover. I think the upper timing cover is warped and causing it to spray out when running at higher RPMs, as a result there is oil all over the front of the engine. It was never this bad before. I fixed one thing and it created a bunch others.

The only other thing that I can think of is the gasket that connects the turbo outlet and the intercooler is ripped but this wouldn't cause the engine to shut down. Literally it as if Gas Or Air is just cut off. Its possible the HPFP is bad but it's related to the car running at normal temperature. I think I have an air leak somewhere and its shutting the engine down and before the hotter temp was sealing the up whatever is needs to be sealed now.

I don't know how to describe the symptom. It's not limp mode but more like complete Engine Shut Down...like it's almost misfiring but then fires and it causes a studder.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts