VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best way to support the engine for a motor mount replacement in a 2004 2.0 liter new beetle? Unless I missed something I don't think an engine support bar/bridge will work for a new beetle, no where to place the bridge feet. thanks

Update: I purchased an engine support bar from harbor freight ($79.00 + tax). The problem I ran into was the foot pads being square to the support bar where the beetle is v-shaped. With a dremel grinder I modified the clevis brackets that allow the bar to tilt so that the feet now turn in slightly and follow the contour of the engine bay. HTH someone. Cheers

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good info! I think I probably have the same support bar, but have only used it on Jettas. I would have probably taken my chances with a 2x4 on my jack under the edge of the oil pan, but only because I'm funny about grinding on any of my 'new' tools! Haha...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good info! I think I probably have the same support bar, but have only used it on Jettas. I would have probably taken my chances with a 2x4 on my jack under the edge of the oil pan, but only because I'm funny about grinding on any of my 'new' tools! Haha...
hammered together 2 2x4’s cut to length. drilled hole each end for bolt attached to chain to support. worked great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts