VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Engine Swapping Info (pdxvento)

My power sucks so much and I at least am familiar with and know a few ways to get more power out of the 2.0l that any kind of power upgrade is acceptable to me
I was thinking of going to a 1.8T but that also seems like alot of work

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: Engine Swapping Info (Volkswagenguru)

Just go VR. You'll be much happier.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Engine Swapping Info (GriffinMoss)

See I have a problem with going with a vr6 and that is simply that I just put a new transmission in the car and a vr6 won't bolt up to the transmission however a 2.0l with a 1.8l transmission bolts up nicely and the gearing ratio is better in the 1.8l transmission, so if I can get a 2.0l gti engine I would be really happy

· Registered
1,873 Posts
Re: Engine Swapping Info (runforthehills)

Do what i'm doing, swap in a VR, your CL will NEVER be the same
If you want to keep your tranny and you want an engine worth swapping in, swap in a 1.8T from a mk4 it will bolt up to your nice new 020 tranny very nicely. either that or just swap in a VR and sell your tranny from your 1.8 CL driveline. You can still get pretty good money for them. I sold mine for $500 CDN and it's got 238,000 kms on it.....

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Engine Swapping Info (runforthehills)

Actually I have the factory volkswagen book for the CL,2.0L,VR6 and TDI. I think that I am still only gonna go with the 2.0L I have a bunch of friends who have some cool 2.0's and we have been working on so cool stuff so we will see what happens though none of them have swapped the engine into their cars so all that I need is the engine,ecu,and wiring harness am I correct

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.