VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have R32 BUB engine in my Mk1 golf and it vibrates the whole car :O It is not not-drivable, but i can't see anything in the mirrors and the dashboard sounds like it's coming apart :)

So when I build the car last winter I started with a used Flywheel from a Passat VR6 and clutch, and i don't remember it being this vibrating. I then disassembled the car for paint and together with that I changed the cam-chains and bought a lightened flywheel with a Sachs clutch:
SACHS 3000384001 KUPPLUNGSSATZ VW GOLF

The VCDS don't show any DTC's and no misfires detected.

I fear that the flywheel/clutch/crank is out of balance :O Has any of you guys any experience with out of balance flywheels ?

It is four sure engine related, it follows RPM's, really bad around 3000, and then not as bad in high RPM.

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot on this? Can i use VCDS to something ?? Is it normal with a lightened flywheel to increase vibrations ? I really don't wanna pull gearbox of and put the original VR6 flywheel on if thats not the issue...

The engine pulls nicely, but could it be a cylinder is behaving badly ?

Any ideas is welcome....

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for Reply guys...

The mounts are brand new from Eurowise. When fitted the front munt I needed to really push the engine back to mount, maybe this could be the issue, I will look :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VCDS detects no misfire...

Is it possible to Troubleshoot on injectors ? What if one of them is behaving badly ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts