Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant decide what to do with my daily driver
Looking for the best setup
Factors are: Cost, Durability, Ease to work on, handling
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Re: Engines Engines Engines (the12for12)

It's to be a daily driver.
Two liter 10:1 w/ K/S transplant. Keep you’re existing fuel supply and get the thing dialed in w/ a shop’s gas analyzer.
TBerk

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Re: Engines Engines Engines (Krautwagen)

I was seriously looking into a turbo....
But realized my habits will not allow it. I always wait till the last minute to go to work. Hop in my 84 cabby start it up & GO!. Also when I get there I jump out & get to the time clock.
Anyway I don't want to replace or rebuid a turbo every 20,000 miles because the oil caked up from not letting it idle for a few minutes before shutting it off or I jumped on it before it was up to temperature. Some things to keep in mind.
I have a 16V 2.0L with extremely low miles on it (7,000) being delivered soon. I opted for this setup because it was available. If not I would have gone with the ABA 2.0 & my original solid head & fuel system.
My cabby has 150,000 miles on it & is a daily driver. It has oil leaking slightly from the head gasket.... runs great but do not know for how much longer. Oil pressure is alittle lower than it should be. I just want to get something together before I need it.

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Re: Engines Engines Engines (vwpieces)

VR6...come on, talk about the ultimate mk1 swap motor.
I could sit in rush hour traffic all day and listen to that motors sweet intake and exhaust note!
Not as finiky as the g60 either.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks guys, but lets keep 'em coming
ABA is out because It's too damn tall (way too much $ in exhaust crap already, and it requires modifying the rain tray)
VR6 is out beacause it way too heavy (i do plan on more autox'ing with this car)
quote:
Two liter 10:1 w/ K/S transplant. Keep you’re existing fuel supply and get the thing dialed in w/ a shop’s gas analyzer.
TBerk
end quote
exactly what I was thinking, easy, toruey, and higher compression, but maybe not enough fun.
I dont know whether I will keep CIS or just rewire the whole damn car and run SDS or some other stand alone system - lets discuss that crap another time
Turbo's sound like fun, and I wont need a timer beause I have remote start and can leave it run for 10 minutes at the push of a button (actually two)

[Modified by Krautwagen, 8:16 PM 9-30-2002]

·
Registered
5,801 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks guys, but lets keep 'em coming
ABA is out because It's too damn tall (way too much $ in exhaust crap already, and it requires modifying the rain tray)[HR][/HR]​
Yeah but you put your solid lifter head on it & just a down pipe is needed. Keep the CIS fuel system.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: Engines Engines Engines (vwpieces)

2L 16v.
2l = torque
16v = top end
N/A = easy and basic running for a daily driver
Great package that is hard to beat when it comes to ease, reliability, cost, function...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.