VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

8701 - 8720 of 8774 Posts

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
In the past couple weeks I sold my 2017 M3, and bought a CPO 2018 M550i. Wanted something more comfortable for the highway, but still with 400+ horsepower. Already bought some new wheels for it, the 19" 7 Series wheels which are shown in these pics. (First post since 2019!)

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
In the past couple weeks I sold my 2017 M3, and bought a CPO 2018 M550i. Wanted something more comfortable for the highway, but still with 400+ horsepower. Already bought some new wheels for it, the 19" 7 Series wheels which are shown in these pics. (First post since 2019!)

View attachment 75654 View attachment 75655

That gen of 5 series has really grown on me. BMW actually released a classicly handsome sedan, with very few over designed elements, and no one noticed.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

This is a fantastic little car, only had it about a week and I've been busy fixing little bugaboos and doing minor mods.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the chrome trim. I like the piano black of the mirrors and the aero kit and I think the chrome strip on the grille would look good in that color vinyl wrap. Or maybe some kind of anodized red, or a brushed aluminum look.

Window tint is way too dark, I need to have that stripped and redone. Extra dark tint always looks tacky to me, plus my night vision is terrible to begin with.

·
Registered
Various Zippy Cars
2,022 Posts
Just picked up this 2018 V60 T6 R-Design w/Sport & Polestar Package. I was in the market for a wagon and Volvo was never really on my radar. I cross shopped the Audi A4 Wagon, VW Sportwagen, BMW 328xi and 330xi wagon and to my surprise, really ended up liking the Volvo. It beat each option I drove but lacked the tech (large touchscreen ect) - did not bother me. I test drove a 2020 and 2021 V60 and V90 and preferred the driving dynamics of the pre-refresh MUCH better. This particular one is quite rare from what I can find. Currently no other 2018 V60 T6 R-Design w/Polestar Factory tune is available in Canada. Quite quick as well- 307hp/317tq through the Supercharged & Turbo Charged 2.0 4cyl. I am getting 32mpg to boot!

Short term review coming soon.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Nice. Did you have adaptive suspension on your M3? If not, how would you rate the stiffness?
Yes, if I remember correctly it became standard for 2017. Ride quality was fine, but obviously about what you’d expect from an M3. Road noise was also a bit much on the highway, with the big tires, and the reduced sound deadening. The M550 is an order of magnitude more comfortable and quieter, and still does 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

I wasn’t sure if I would like a larger car, so didn’t want to drop $90,000 on a new one. This was basically an equal trade at the dealership. So we’ll see how I like it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Just picked up this 2018 V60 T6 R-Design w/Sport & Polestar Package. I was in the market for a wagon and Volvo was never really on my radar. I cross shopped the Audi A4 Wagon, VW Sportwagen, BMW 328xi and 330xi wagon and to my surprise, really ended up liking the Volvo. It beat each option I drove but lacked the tech (large touchscreen ect) - did not bother me. I test drove a 2020 and 2021 V60 and V90 and preferred the driving dynamics of the pre-refresh MUCH better. This particular one is quite rare from what I can find. Currently no other 2018 V60 T6 R-Design w/Polestar Factory tune is available in Canada. Quite quick as well- 307hp/317tq through the Supercharged & Turbo Charged 2.0 4cyl. I am getting 32mpg to boot!

Short term review coming soon.

you'll love this car! Had an S60RD way back - it was great.

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice pick up on the Golf R! I be curious to hear how you like it compared (apples to oranges) to your MX-5.

8701 - 8720 of 8774 Posts