VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if I get a Neuspeed SC for my 2.0 '97 Jetta, will I beat my wifes '03 1.8T Jetta in a race?? Both are 5 speeds. Assume we're both equal drivers. My only other mod is a techtonics cat-back exhaust. I see a showdown coming soon

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Re: Entertain me... (craigoory87)

Quote, originally posted by craigoory87 »
neuspeed supercharger sucks......period

why

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Entertain me... (K9jetta)

it doesnt make a lot of power. you could just go with a basic atp turbo setup.
I probably shouldnt have responded as i dont have any experience, but the general concencus(spelling?) around here is that its not up to par.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm just trying to get an idea of what it'll do. Her new Jetta's mildly quick, but not all that impressive to me. I'm thinking if the NS Charger will be enough to beat her car, I might get one, but if after $2,600, it still won't even beat her Jetta, it's not worth it to me...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Re: Entertain me... (JettaGT1220)

whats her new jetta? 180hp at the crank? and the charged one should be about 170 hp at the crank... so uhmm hers weighs alot more than you... plus you have an exhaust so you should be right next to her if not really close.......the charger was built to be a reliable option for power... and that is exactly what it is...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Entertain me... (Mr.Bungle)

Quote »
http://www.vf-engineering.com stage 3 then maybe

Problem here is, there's nothing available for the MK3's 2.0 yet..... From what I've seen on here, I shouldn't hold my breath for a release anytime soon... And their prices suck

BTW: It's not funny, my ass is on fire.
Mr. Bungle rules
. Not you, the band

·
Registered
8,102 Posts

Quote, originally posted by craigoory87 »
it doesnt make a lot of power. you could just go with a basic atp turbo setup.
I probably shouldnt have responded as i dont have any experience, but the general concencus(spelling?) around here is that its not up to par.

not up to par?
true for the same money u drop on a supercharger u can get a turbo kit but not up to par?
do the car all motor and spend what u would spend on a neuspeed supercharger... whats your power output then? relatively the same...
in no way is neuspeed;s charger gonna give u gobs and gobs of power... it was designed to give u a jump in power while keeping the car reliable unlike a turbo setup
homey, say that neuspeeds product doesnt give u that much power, say that it may be overpriced, say that for the same prive u can do it all motor, but dont, and i mean dont say its not up to par
neuspeed has been the only dedicated tuner to make something like this for the 2.0 (without mentioning VF and there soon to be released kit)

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Re: Entertain me... (CNY_VDUB)

If she can drive or not I'm pretty sure that the 1.8 will smoke your s/c 2L. Doesn't matter about the max crank hp numbers just look at the tq curves and power band of each car. Also depends on if this race is from a stand still or roll.

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
For the price for power ratio, I wouldn't go anywhere near the NS charger... Yes, it's reliable, and a power booster... but if I spent between $2000-2500 or possibly more (on forced induction), I would expect more than what you get. I would at least expect to be knocking at 200hp, and I guess that's not feasible.
Good product. Just doesn't increase hp enough for me, for the price. For that much money, you could swap in a VR6 and start saving for a turbo or sc... and then you'd stomp her.

·
Banned
12,490 Posts
Re: Entertain me... (JettaGT1220)

Quote, originally posted by JettaGT1220 »

Problem here is, there's nothing available for the MK3's 2.0 yet..... From what I've seen on here, I shouldn't hold my breath for a release anytime soon... And their prices suck

BTW: It's not funny, my ass is on fire.
Mr. Bungle rules
. Not you, the band
haha i rule, you just don't know it. i don't know if they'll be available soon or not, but i know someone with a MKIV 2.0 VF charger and some one with a MKIII VR charger, very nice stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts